Android app woes w/ Nexus 6

Reaction score
Activation gets stuck in a loop where it says to connect to the aircraft, and you select the Phantom's AP, and then it says to connect to the aircraft, repeat to infinity.

Connecting up a wifi iPad mini worked to get past that step.

Upon opening it again in Android, half the time there's no real-time FPV view. The camera can take photos just fine, and everything seems to be working, but the app is just buggy.

I know the Nexus 6 isn't officially supported, but official support is a very short list:
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Z3 EXPERIA, MI 3, MI PAD

I have nexus 7 and it works great with that. If your using a phone you really have to have a lot of things not running at the same time the go app is. Maybe try to unninstall and reinstall the app and they recommend using a app called zapper to kill all other apps before opening the go app. Also I saw to have the USB debugging turned on. If you look around forum there's a lot of info on stuff to try to optimize the app

I'm running marshmallow as well but it's a unofficial version. I have it rooted with a custom rom and some tweaks. Maybe that's why.

I'm waiting for my P3S to arrive via UPS this week. I was planning to use my Nexus 6 to fly the drone. I'm kind of bummed reading that the N6 doesn't work properly. My N6 is stock unmodified but I did recently do the update to 6.0 Marshmallow operation system via over the air update through tmobile. Can any one officially confirm that they are having problems and that I will not be able to use this phone? I might have to return this product if that's the case which makes me upset, I've been waiting along time to get one of these drones. My biggest gripe is out of all android devices it should work with the Nexus 6 seeing they build the entire android operation systems solely off the Nexus products. Im new to the forums and would appreciate any help. Thanks

I'm waiting for my P3S to arrive via UPS this week. I was planning to use my Nexus 6 to fly the drone. I'm kind of bummed reading that the N6 doesn't work properly. My N6 is stock unmodified but I did recently do the update to 6.0 Marshmallow operation system via over the air update through tmobile. Can any one officially confirm that they are having problems and that I will not be able to use this phone? I might have to return this product if that's the case which makes me upset, I've been waiting along time to get one of these drones. My biggest gripe is out of all android devices it should work with the Nexus 6 seeing they build the entire android operation systems solely off the Nexus products. Im new to the forums and would appreciate any help. Thanks
My suggestion to you would just wait and see for yourself. What might work for you might not work for others. Someone can have the wrong setting and it not work. I would try everything out just to see. There is a thread somewhere in forum on what to do to optimize a android phone. Also before you get bummed there are plenty of the right device to use on ebay or Craigslist for pretty cheap that you can get just in case the phone doesn't work. You'll probably want a bigger screen anyway after you start to fly. I used my galaxy s6 and it definitely looks better on a bigger screen. I got a nexus 7 tablet almost brand new for 100 bucks on Craigslist and it works great.

Reactions: shadi922
My suggestion to you would just wait and see for yourself. What might work for you might not work for others. Someone can have the wrong setting and it not work. I would try everything out just to see. There is a thread somewhere in forum on what to do to optimize a android phone. Also before you get bummed there are plenty of the right device to use on ebay or Craigslist for pretty cheap that you can get just in case the phone doesn't work. You'll probably want a bigger screen anyway after you start to fly. I used my galaxy s6 and it definitely looks better on a bigger screen. I got a nexus 7 tablet almost brand new for 100 bucks on Craigslist and it works great.
Thanks your right, its just a little frustrating. I own a Nexus 6, first gen ipad mini, 1st gen ipad with cell service, Samsung tab s 10.5 (sm-t800),Amazon Fire 7 2015 and now I need to get another tablet just for this drone because nothing i own is compatible or i should say the compatibility is in question. I guess after i get it I will keep my eye out for a Nexus 7 second gen if my N6 doesnt work. Do you know anything about gps and having a tablet will cell service for the gps or is a nexus 7 with wifi all i need.

The Nexus or any with tablet will work as long as you cache the area your going to fly in. If you do that first the map will show up in the app. If you have all those tablets and your phone doesn't work just try each one of those. I have a few samsung tablets myself but none seemed to work that good. I even bought a acer iconic but returned it after 1 flight. The video was to laggy.

The Nexus or any with tablet will work as long as you cache the area your going to fly in. If you do that first the map will show up in the app. If you have all those tablets and your phone doesn't work just try each one of those. I have a few samsung tablets myself but none seemed to work that good. I even bought a acer iconic but returned it after 1 flight. The video was to laggy.

cool thanks for your help I already jumped the gun and am trying to order a new nexus 7 from frys with 32gb for 99.99. So have you had a good experience with the nexus 7.

nevermind its the first gen nexus 7. so i am not ordering lol

Lol yeah you need 2nd Gen and I only use for phantom. I rooted it and took almost everything off. Threw a custom rom on it with a few tweaks and works great. No lag in video at all.

Lol yeah you need 2nd Gen and I only use for phantom. I rooted it and took almost everything off. Threw a custom rom on it with a few tweaks and works great. No lag in video at all.
Do i need to root it and throw in a custom rom? or can i just use it stock as a dedicated tablet for the drone, and will the 16gb work?

I'm using Nexus 7 16gb Wifi only with stock Marshmallow and it works just fine. I disable video caching in the app so it does not take up space.

I'm using Nexus 7 16gb Wifi only with stock Marshmallow and it works just fine. I disable video caching in the app so it does not take up space.

Good to know thanks for the info. If my N6 doesnt work im gonna have to look into N7

Do i need to root it and throw in a custom rom? or can i just use it stock as a dedicated tablet for the drone, and will the 16gb work?
No need to root,I'm just a root junkie and like to change around stock stuff. 16gb is fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31