Android App New Vers.

Reaction score
I just updated the latest Android App on my Galaxy Tab and every time I land my PhV2 I get a pop up that says MC - Compass Calibration Required. I put it on the Assistant Software and recalibrated everything and it is still giving me the same error? Anyone have clue what may be causing this? This just started more or less out of the blue. Thanks.

I'm sure someone else mentioned this a couple of days ago.

Try going back to the old app and see what happens.

As you posted in general discussion you haven't said what quad you have

Whoops............have the Ph 2 Vision. Thanks.

Just tried with the iOS (ipad) and the same issue..so doubt it is the app.

I had this when taking off from a wall, turns out it was just the metal reinforcers in the wall. Moved the phantom elsewhere and it worked fine.
Have you tried taking off from a different location?

Yes thanks. I went like 35 miles away this am and flew and had to recalibrate twice. And this is my Den where I always work on and calibrate the Phantom and this never happened in the past. This just started. I guess the compass could be going?

Thanks for the suggestions. No crashes and I am flying in familiar places and never had this problem before, just started out of the blue. So I may just purchase a new compass for $20. and see if that is the problem. Seems strange it all started with the new apps. Going to do some test today and try to get an older app back and see if that is the issue, if not open her up and see if something is loose.

R4boat said:
I just updated the latest Android App on my Galaxy Tab and every time I land my PhV2 I get a pop up that says MC - Compass Calibration Required. I put it on the Assistant Software and recalibrated everything and it is still giving me the same error? Anyone have clue what may be causing this? This just started more or less out of the blue. Thanks.

You CANT calibrate compass in Assistant software !! thats done with Phantom in hand, the "Phantomdance"

Yes thanks. I recalibrated the quad, and checked the parameters in the assistant software, then did the dance. Seems to be ok at the moment, so I will see the next time I fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub