Android app issues

Reaction score
Hello,
Last 3 days spent a lot of hours to play with this kind of problem. I do not have good trasmition image to my tablet (android) and i have lost signal almost all the times after 3-4 minutes.
I try everything. All updates to phantom and controller is latest , Cables, i uninstall and clear all folders to my androids devices and install it again etc.
I try severall tab's and phones with Samsung S6 as last one with no success.
Yesterady a friend give me an IPAD mini 2 to try with IOS and WOW! everything it is normal, no glitches, no signal lost, and fast respond to the camera.

So, it seems it is an android issue and i want to ask if iam the only who had this kind of problems..

Here is a video (snapshot) to what i saw in android devices

Vasilis

I swapped from android (Nexus 7), to ipad mini4, no going back now. The ipad is utterly reliable, has never had the slightest problem, the apps, particularly Litchi seem to run smoother, and the larger screen seems to be the perfect size compromise.
Plus Autopilot is IOS only. The nexus was pretty good, but had occasional problems.
This forum is full of posters having different problems with android, and of course not all devices are compatible, but I cannot recall seeing any negative comments about the ipad mini4, apart from price.

Not a fan of Android as it allows too many app makers in. My Camera Blocker app reports 86 apps have access to my camera when I just turned it off. Ridiculous OS for spyware apps where you need to approve their access to most anything they want in order to use it. My Samsung tablet often goes to a black screen with a blue border in GO 4 and I have to do a hard reboot in flight as the touchscreen part is dead too. It's in a drawer these days. Terrible bloated OS system, and Samsung seems to not help by adding their own stuff to it too, like some recent screensaver they added on my Samsung S6 Edge that says "Good Afternoon" and "Good Night" at times and takes a swipe to clear it. They need to stop adding their crapware to the Android, although with Google as the backdoor OS snoop I doubt it will happen.

My iPad Air 2 runs a lot better, but with the past few GO 4 versions it too is beginning to break up with the video feed after pressing the shutter button. Maybe only 1% of the time, but it was 0% prior. I need a memory bump up too so a new one is in the future.

Im having issues with the new DJI GO updates as well, my Adv is refusing to fly,beeping the loudest I have ever heard. And the app says there is a camera update but no icon to do so, so I'm stuck in a tight spot.

Im having issues with the new DJI GO updates as well, my Adv is refusing to fly,beeping the loudest I have ever heard. And the app says there is a camera update but no icon to do so, so I'm stuck in a tight spot.

With the advance or pro the only way to update is through the sd card. Only he rc can be updated through the app,that is not a djigo update issue

I had the same type of problem a couple of weeks ago. Downgrading the controller fixed my issue.

thanks for your replies
I downgrade the controller but unfortunately does not work. It needs upgrade the controller and cannot operate..
Just wondering, why DJI "pussed" us to the IOS system? Why they don't do something for android devices? In fact before one year the application work without any issues..

Last edited:
Have a P3P and have had these Android Issues from day ONE. Although they say Android Nexus 9 is compatible -- it's NOT. First, the Nexus over heated several times -- causing freeze ups. I unloaded all apps, put it in airplane mode, downgraded the software, etc etc etc. Personally, I'm sick and tired of fiddling with tablets to fly my P3P -- same problem -- screen freezes after several minutes of flying. I read somewhere to decrease the Hardware decoding settings -- but it's for IOS. Haven't messed with it on the Android yet. I do have an Ipad Mini -- but it's an old model not compatible with the P3P. THIS IS EXACTLY one of the main reasons I'm no longer interested in DJI Drones anymore and have switched to Yuneec with a built-in tablet. Never have such issues and I don't have to fiddle and fool around with tablets, cables, and settings to get it to work. In my opinion --- this lightbridge with DJI just isn't worth all the trouble and configuration issues. no longer a dji fan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20