And the cheapest place for a NEW Phantom 4 battery is...

You can find P4 batteries for as little as $117 here at Amazon. You'll have to pay a few bucks more if you want an Amazon Prime deal though.

Last edited:
I'd spend a few extra bucks and purchase from an authorized retailer, Adorama in this case. There are plenty of knockoffs around. It might be coincidence, however I received a DOA P4 from a third party/fulfilled by Amazon purchase.

I don't believe there are any for the P4 (well not yet anyway) as they aren't as common as the P3 range. Have you come across any?
Not specifically for the P4. I was making the comment in a general sense, and reporting a poor grey market experience from Amazon. :)

Not specifically for the P4. I was making the comment in a general sense, and reporting a poor grey market experience from Amazon. :)

I guess as this is the P4 section people might get the wrong idea ;). I believe a lot of the DOA batteries have simply been sitting there too long and have been pretty much flattened.

Reactions: uavflyr
I purchased 2 units form an ebay dealer for £199. genuine parts, brand new and have now been charged a few times now all working perfectly. There are some good deals to be had out there just make sure you ask all the right questions and you should be ok

This is neither here nor there, but a good part of December, Best Buy had them for about $135. However, they went back to full retail price a day after Christmas. I thought that was crappy, but at least they continued the P4 price of $999.

UPDATE: I just got an email from the DJI Store saying that the Phantom 4 batteries are on sale for $111 at DJI

What are grey market batteries? Are those the ones you see on eBay about 10% below normal prices?

Grey market = batteries not sold by DJI or authorized DJI dealers

Last edited:
Grey market = batteries not manufactured by DJI

Sorry the definition of grey market are genuine products imported into a market/country but not through authorised channels/distributors. As an example Adorama will carry grey market lenses and accessories which are cheaper than US versions. These are identical in every respect other than the fact that you can only get warranty service from Adorama rather than the manufacturer.

Reactions: msinger
Grey market = batteries not sold by DJI
This is in fact a very interesting point for Australia buyers. Will buying directly from the DJI store entitle us to warranty service in Australia without having to send the craft/whetever back to China?

Are you referring to the warranty for the battery itself? In many cases, I'm seeing DJI just ask people to send them photos of the defective battery (e.g. cracks in the top of the battery).

It was more a general (if a bit OT) question. I guess with a battery it's pretty obvious if it's puffy/cracked but how to prove it's not charging for example. Or if I bought a phantom from DJI directly and it's defective.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic