Amazon phantom 2 v2

PhantomFanatic said:
Reoscorpio said:
MiggieZ said:
Good morning! First post here, been lurking for a bit, but I finally dropped some cash on a Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal! I ordered from Amazon, and it said it was v2....how do I see or figure out if it was this 2.1 you are speaking of? I'm just curious as you were originally.

You can't know until it arrives, but when it does, if you pop open the shell and look at the white sticker on the ESC board, it will either be blank above the serial numbers, say v2.0, or v2.1.

If you're comfortable with it please post back.

Thanks,

Scorpio

Strange. I have a Phantom 2, V2 non-vision. My ESCs have the white label with numbers but not what you say should be there. I have a string of numbers and a scannable code on it. Mine says: 0291845145

The last three digits are different for each ESC. Anyone know what they mean? I assume it is a serial number.
When you turn the P2 on, does it have a startup chime followed by 4 beeps? What color markings do you have on the cylindrical pieces on each ESC?

PhantomFanatic said:
Reoscorpio said:
MiggieZ said:
Good morning! First post here, been lurking for a bit, but I finally dropped some cash on a Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal! I ordered from Amazon, and it said it was v2....how do I see or figure out if it was this 2.1 you are speaking of? I'm just curious as you were originally.

You can't know until it arrives, but when it does, if you pop open the shell and look at the white sticker on the ESC board, it will either be blank above the serial numbers, say v2.0, or v2.1.

If you're comfortable with it please post back.

Thanks,

Scorpio

Strange. I have a Phantom 2, V2 non-vision. My ESCs have the white label with numbers but not what you say should be there. I have a string of numbers and a scannable code on it. Mine says: 0291845145

The last three digits are different for each ESC. Anyone know what they mean? I assume it is a serial number.

This is an ESC from my current unit. From everything I've compiled, these are probably version 2.0 as part of unit completely assembled by dji (as indicated by a lack of v2.0 or 2.1 on the sticker and a blue line on the capacitor).

When I called, they did admit to some inconsistencies between motors and ESC that should be well out of production now, but my unit came in a box with a coupon for Coptershop that expired on 12/31/14, so it was clearly made earlier than later.

They said techs would look at it and update as needed, so I'm tempting to send it for peace of mind and to see if they actually do anything with it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423863514.654952.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423863514.654952.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 382
Reoscorpio said:
This is an ESC from my current unit. From everything I've compiled, these are probably version 2.0 as part of unit completely assembled by dji (as indicated by a lack of v2.0 or 2.1 on the sticker and a blue line on the capacitor).

When I called, they did admit to some inconsistencies between motors and ESC that should be well out of production now, but my unit came in a box with a coupon for Coptershop that expired on 12/31/14, so it was clearly made earlier than later.

They said techs would look at it and update as needed, so I'm tempting to send it for peace of mind and to see if they actually do anything with it.

Yours look identical to mine (purchased direct from DJI). What I was told was a blue or red mark on the capacitor was bad, a yellow mark was good. I had a blank label on the ESC and no 4 beeps at startup. I sent it in.

Marlin009 said:
Reoscorpio said:

Yours look identical to mine (purchased direct from DJI). What I was told was a blue or red mark on the capacitor was bad, a yellow mark was good. I had a blank label on the ESC and no 4 beeps at startup. I sent it in.

Any eta on return back to you? Did you send the controller too?

Reoscorpio said:
Marlin009 said:
Reoscorpio said:

Any eta on return back to you? Did you send the controller too?

They say 3 to 4 weeks. :( They wanted the controller and wanted anything I had added removed.

Holy hell. I'd be pissed about a 3-4 week turnaround on something I just bought.

dptcalvin said:
Holy hell. I'd be pissed about a 3-4 week turnaround on something I just bought.

Yeah it sucks alright. What's even worse, it flew fine, I had no issues. After he took the info from me and checked with his tech guy, there was no question in his mind they were wrong so it will be nice to have them swapped.

What was weird was he wasn't interested in the label on the ESC or the startup sequence. The serial number was apparently of no value in this.

When I get it back I'll have some dyed props for it. :D

Lo I just dyed props black tonight. When I don't have a quad I have to modify.

They didn't give me a turnaround, but twice on the phone and once via email said not to send controller. Guess they didn't plan on flying it. ;(

I should have sent it anyway but wasn't thinking. 3-4 weeks sounds so bad. I thought they had improved to about two weeks out.

Reoscorpio said:
Lo I just dyed props black tonight. When I don't have a quad I have to modify.

They didn't give me a turnaround, but twice on the phone and once via email said not to send controller. Guess they didn't plan on flying it. ;(

I should have sent it anyway but wasn't thinking. 3-4 weeks sounds so bad. I thought they had improved to about two weeks out.

He did say it would probably be quicker but they "give themselves some wiggle room". Direct quote.

Just a FYI, I've noticed that the ESCs have another white label under this label, so I'm officially confused. :). It happens a lot!

PhantomFanatic said:
Just a FYI, I've noticed that the ESCs have another white label under this label, so I'm officially confused. :). It happens a lot!

Yeah they all have that ;)

Just one more "layer" of confusion from DJI

I'm interested as well in which seller is selling phantoms with 2.1 ESCs. For those who have 2.1 ESCs, please post where you purchased and when. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj