Amazing Range with Stock P3S using Go App 2.8.4 and FW 1.5.7+

Reaction score
I flew my Stock P3S with FW 1.5.7+ and its associated Go App (2.8.2 I think) and got 1213 m. Did screen capture after signal regained.

eecfd60b3dffbf8c748543d71a75ac2d.jpg

I then upgraded to Go App 2.8.4 and drone FW 1.6.8. I could only fly around 850 m.

Next I downloaded FW 1.5.7+ on my desktop from the site Phantomhelp.com. I put the FW on the P3S drone microcard,
not in a folder and without any other FW version, then put card in bird. With everything turned off, I depressed the link button and turned only the drone on. When noise changes, release button and wait until light on camera front turns green. This process is described elsewhere on the P3/4K site. My flight results are shown below.

4f811cabf76ae570cad998cc50740df9.jpg

Again, Go App 2.8.4 and FW 1.5.7+ with stock P3S.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
See Mike.Alexander a few earlier articles in this discussion group.

Last edited:
Reactions: mike.alexander
I have seen posts on this and will try it shortly . My firmware update coincided with replacing one of the leads inside the controler to try to get more than 500m range with a DBS booster .I thought I might have damaged something ( although I was careful ) because now I get 15 m then lose connection
.Is there a seperate FW for the controler on the Standard or is it just set by the app

As far as I know, the RC Go App and AC firmware are loaded separately. Go App from Apple and firmware from DJI through Go App. However, the firmware can be downloaded from someone who has archived new/old FW versions to the microcard and then loaded directly to the AC.

Last edited:
On another note, would some programmer compare the 1.5.7+ and 1.6.8 FW versions to see what in the source codes limits flight range?

Last edited:
This is what i got on my P3S no mods. I have not done any update since then.

ed68f45269ef8fbafd4c107c74942fba.jpg

Last edited:
I have not tried the range tests at 130m. I usually keep it around 50m. I may try FW 1.5.7+ at 130m as I suspect it might give a bit more distance.

o_OYou got my well over 8000' record beat it seems. No small feat! Congrats! :cool:

Reactions: SaskeBaby

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj