Amarillo, TX or the Texas Panhandle?

I live in Amarillo. I don't fly as often as I'd like. Being retired, you'd think I'd have lots of time, but it seems like there is something going almost every day. My 3D printer takes up a lot of my time as well. I usually fly above my property including over the lot I own next door to my house. So far no complaints from anyone.
As I understand the city rules, I can fly at any of the city owned parks, but I haven't done that yet. There are several that have large open spaces.
I talked with some people at Amarillo College about a drone class they were planning, but I haven't heard from them in quite awhile. I thought it might lead to a local group, but maybe there wasn't enough interest.
Just thought I'd let you know that I'm watching the thread.

force1164, if you are still around, I have permission from a land owner on the rim of the canyon so I can fly over the canyon. Even though its illegal to fly in it, I can still fly over it.

Still here. I haven't done much flying lately. Too many other hobbies I guess. I'm retired so I can't say I haven't time. But flying over the canyon sounds like like fun. I've been helping my son-in-law on a carport for my grandson's car (hail protection), so I'm committed for awhile 'till we finish that. Later this summer might get better for my schedule. Keep in touch, I haven't talked to many fliers in the area, but I haven't looked too hard either. Good to hear from you.

force1164, if you are still around, I have permission from a land owner on the rim of the canyon so I can fly over the canyon. Even though its illegal to fly in it, I can still fly over it.
I thought your first video looked familiar. My family is visiting family in the Borger/Fritch area as I type this. I would have been with them but I just didn't feel like going this time. If I did, I would have tried flying the Palo Duro Canyon area if possible. I know it is a State Park and there is private land all around but there has to be some nice area close by where I can put the bird up. I will search it out next time I'm in the area.

I just bought my Phantom 3 S earlier this week. I'm really enjoying it. What are some places you guys like flying in the panhandle?

I live on the south side of Amarillo

I'm down in Lubbock, but travel throughout the panhandle for work. Really interested in filming Palo Duro Canyon. Anyone been out there?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik