AMA Is Hip On Twitter

Reaction score
I clicked over to the AMA page on Twitter........................... their logo is a DRONE!! Couldn't believe it! I hear they're getting a huge backlash from their members, who hate that they're in any way supporting the drone community. I'm watching to see how this all plays out.

I don't understand why some fixed wing guys hate drones. I haven't heard it the other way yet. I am both so neither bother me. I guess if you're flying a plane in a pattern and a quad is buzzing all over getting in the way, that would not be a good thing. We had helis fly at our ama field where mostly planes were flying. Never was a problem. We just gave equal time for each to fly. We sat back and enjoyed. Now there were fixed wing guys that had no concept of taking turns and respecting the other flyers. Just took off like they were the only ones there. Biggest problem then was to make sure you check the frequency board and not turn on your tx , even in the pits, when someone else was using that frequency. I have seen a fair amount of crashes because of that. Sometimes a pilot would forget to drop the flag and put his pin on it and go fly. I always walked around to see which pilots were on my frequency before I turned on anything. Even then, I watched the planes in the air as I turned on my tx to make sure there would be no problems. Today with multiple aircraft being able to be on same frequency at the same time, I don't think people pay much attention anymore. DJI would not be selling as many units as they do if the pilots would RTFM, not fly beyond their skill level, etc. They don't care if you wreck yours. They will sell you as many as you want to buy and destroy.

I clicked over to the AMA page on Twitter........................... their logo is a DRONE!! Couldn't believe it! I hear they're getting a huge backlash from their members, who hate that they're in any way supporting the drone community. I'm watching to see how this all plays out.

This may be one reason why they are getting a backlash...

In one record dated April 20, 2015, the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) Government and Regulatory Affairs Office reported a pair of UAS operators who flew UAS over community events. That investigation was closed when the FAA talked to the two men who stated that they did not know the rules and promised not to fly over crowds again.

you can read more here

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/foia-request-reveals-faa-uas-enforcement-data

Yeah, it's more of a "we worked our way up, built our own aircraft, paid our dues" type of mentality. Then these whipper-snappers just go out and buy a quad and start flying like idiots. And I can see their point on rules................... drone-flyers for the most part just don't know them!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.