Am I to picky or is this normal ?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Last week I finally bought a P4P and I was really happy with it. Today I took it out for another flight, and I noticed that the horizon was crooked (not sure if that is the right word). And it was off by a lot. Going back true the fotos I noticed that it was perfectly fine at the beginning of the flight and half way true the tilted horizon showed up... See pictures for evidence: JPG3 at the beginning and JPG12 at the end of the flight.

What have I tried myself ? I tried to calibrate compass and IMU on a 100% flat surface but that didn't help anything...
PS: I diddn't crash or anything...

Also when I move the gimbal down (with the remote wheel) I hear a rattling noise like little gears. Is this normal ? ( I know there are more people experiencing this, but the reactions on those topics are mixed).

Finally, could someone please take a look at this .DNG and conclude if this is how the P4P quality should be ? (all auto, still learning) Dropbox - DJI_0062.DNG

Thank you so much !

Tim

Attachments

• DJI_0003.JPG
    DJI_0003.JPG
    7.6 MB · Views: 637
  • DJI_0012.JPG
    DJI_0012.JPG
    8 MB · Views: 618
Tim,

The 1st thing I would check is to make sure the gimbal is set to follow and not FPV. It will tilt with FPV if the bird is tilted at all. If that is good, recalibrate the gimbal on a flat surface. If still having an issue, you can manually tilt it back to remove it. If it is too bad, it may need repairs. I hope that helps. Good luck!

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You can easily set gimbal level while in flight with the C2 switch and right control wheel.

You are not picky, and that is not normal.

Did you have side wind when you took those photos, specially: DJI_0012.JPG? If yes, it was a right side wind i bet.

thanks for all the quick response.

I was be able to adjust the gimbal manually after your tip, I did not know that was possible, so now it is level ( no idea if it stays that way).

I did have some wind indeed, but both fotos are taken within 15 minutes and not much has changed. I also have fotos that I took from the altitude of jpg12 that are level. So wind could not have been the problem. But thanks it is fixed now.

So I have 2 questions left, is the gear moving sound normal when jou adjust the gimbal angle ?

And is the foto quality of the dng (URL in first post) good quality for a P4P ? ( I would like to make sure I don't have a faulty unit)

Reactions: Nickster
Quality looks normal but hard to tell in those captures.

My gimbal been titling since last update.

There is no gears in a gimbal its just brushless motors, could be your ribbon cable rubbing or clicking once camera goes past certain spot. And alot of people's gimbals are jacked up horizon can be good one sec and screwed just from yawing. We need a fw update

It isn't the ribbon cable, because the sound is continuous from 100% forward to 100% down looking with the camera. And the ribbon cable makes a clicking sound ( I saw a few youtube video's)

Yea that would be the only thing ribbon would do is "click" its the brushless motors

My gimble seems to be a little more problematic on this horizon issue since last update tbo. And the C2 button is not correcting it like it did before either. It just kinda moves it a tad but does not do it far enough lately for me.

My gimble seems to be a little more problematic on this horizon issue since last update tbo. And the C2 button is not correcting it like it did before either. It just kinda moves it a tad but does not do it far enough lately for me.
Same here. I did a gimbal calibration - didn't help. I haven't done IMU yet - you?

Same here. I did a gimbal calibration - didn't help. I haven't done IMU yet - you?
I have not done an IMU ever on my bird. As the brains on here said not to unless you are prompted. But hopefully an update will help out here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik