am i thinking about fixing a problem i dont have ?

Reaction score
bought my p3s on ebay a month ago or so ( new ) and have only flown it a handfull of times in beginner mode around the yard....love it so far. im considering adding aftermarket antennas, mainly for video stability, as i have no need to fly beyond los. should i mod the rc before i know if its going to be an issue, or is the loss of video a given and i should mod it now . ( i think if i can get good video feed at 500m in fcc i will be more than happy!)

Unless you are having issues with the current set up flying LOS, you should be fine. You can pick up a cheap windsurfer for $15 and slide it on the antenna to improve your signal if you want some extra confidence.

You're definitely thinking about a problem you don't have. Go and use the P3S in its stock form and learn how to get the best out of it. If at some point you'll find yourself constantly having signal losses, then - but only then - come back and check what can be done.

thanks for the advice guys. guess i will wait to see if " stock" works out ok for my needs/wants.

tim

Use a good, fast, reliable smart device, and you should be fine if you stay in reasonable range. BTW, the Windsurfer helps the control signal strength, not the video signal.

I have the 3A and have had it for around a year or so. I have been playing around with two different versions of the windsurfer, but have not gone out and taken notes and done a laboratory style side by side comparison, yet. But thus far I have not convinced myself that one is better than the other or for that matter, if there is any day in day out gain on long flights.

phone is a 6s, no issues at 30m hor/vert in beginner mode. have just read so many posts about signal loss at " close" range it had me wondering about a fix for a problem that i may not have.

again, thanks for the advice, and when this 4 feet of snow melts, i will attempt to post pics and or vid of my newbie flights.

tim

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4