Am I supposed to get audio through my Black Pearl FPV setup?

Reaction score
Been on my first flight with an FPV setup, and what can I say, it was amazing. Would recommend this to anyone with a Phantom 2 considering FPV, or to those without a Phantom 2 considering making a purchase. I have a Go Pro Hero 3+ black edition setup with an ImmersionRC and Mini iOSD, didn't take too long to set everything up how I liked it. The picture was fine in the Black Pearl monitor, really clear especially with the Spironets, however I'm wondering if I am supposed to get audio through the built in speakers with the setup I have, as I'm not getting any with the volume turned right up in diversity mode Band F Channel 1. It doesn't bother me, just wondering if this is normal as potentially could be an issue with my setup which is more of a concern rather than the actual audio which will just be a buzzing anyway?

Re: Am I supposed to get audio through my Black Pearl FPV se

depends how you have it patched... technically your FPV transmitter probably COULD transmit sound as well as video (my Boscam TS352 has audio-in) but the Phantom itself isn't setup for that... mine only passes through the video signal via the cable I've patched.

You'd have to get a GoPRo USB cable, bypass the gimbal and patch video + audio straight into your transmitter... but why would you want to? the only thing the GoPro can hear is the buzzing of the motors (and occasional wind noise) which overwhelms pretty much all other sound to the mic. You'll hear all that on the recordings you make with the gopro... but who cares about transmitting that buzz back to your display?

Thank you for the reply and help. As I said the actual lack of audio doesn't "bother me" but concerned I hadn't set something up right or a part might have been faulty if you understand where I'm coming from. Of course I don't want to hear the buzzing motors!

While mine is capable of capturing audio I did not wire it that way as it is pretty much pointless. The Gopro does that job for me and 9 times out of 10 I don't use that audio either.

freefall101 said:
Thank you for the reply and help. As I said the actual lack of audio doesn't "bother me" but concerned I hadn't set something up right or a part might have been faulty if you understand where I'm coming from. Of course I don't want to hear the buzzing motors!

you'll definitely hear them in your GoPro recordings :) like LuvmyTJ said you'll wind up ditching that audio most of the time anyway
happy to help!

I use a 600mw immersionrc and use the Black Pearl, I then use the sound channel for an immersionrc tiny telemetry giving me real time gps of where the phantom is.

So I have a rca connector splitter between the Black Pearl white rca and the DVDR onto the ipad

Simon

I am not using the Ipad for the DVDR, the receiver in the Black Pearl, is connected to an external DVDR from firstpersonview, the cable from the Black Pearl Diversity output is then split between the DVDR and the Ipad and tiny telemetry

Simon

simon3000gt said:
I am not using the Ipad for the DVDR, the receiver in the Black Pearl, is connected to an external DVDR from firstpersonview, the cable from the Black Pearl Diversity output is then split between the DVDR and the Ipad and tiny telemetry

Got it, thank you. I'm still curious about the part you have bolded above...you have a regular video input adaptor for the iPad?

So the output for the black pearl is a 4 pole jack, this splits into 3 rca's I then split the audio (white) using a splitter, then one goes to the DVDR along with the yellow (video) and red. the other Audio White the feeds into ImmersionRC OSD/Tiny Telemetry iPhone Interface Cable 3301006 and into an ipad, and run the app itelemertyFPV which overlays on Google maps

The only problem I have had is sometimes The copter stops and it thinks it still flying, until it catches up ( a software update improved this by 70%)

I have a Flytrex live on order to see it this will also give me the location, always good to know where you are or where :oops:

Simon

simon3000gt said:
So the output for the black pearl is a 4 pole jack, this splits into 3 rca's I then split the audio (white) using a splitter, then one goes to the DVDR along with the yellow (video) and red. the other Audio White the feeds into ImmersionRC OSD/Tiny Telemetry iPhone Interface Cable 3301006 and into an ipad, and run the app itelemertyFPV which overlays on Google maps

The only problem I have had is sometimes The copter stops and it thinks it still flying, until it catches up ( a software update improved this by 70%)

I have a Flytrex live on order to see it this will also give me the location, always good to know where you are or where :oops:

Simon

Ahhh ok, sorry I misunderstood, I thought you were splitting video feed to the iPad rather than telemetry on the audio channel ;) Now you know why we were excited lol

Indeed. I would love to send it to my iPad mini. As for now I use the monitor out to a video cable (Dazzle) and feed it to my Macbook Air for recording. It's a hassle.

simon3000gt said:
I use a 600mw immersionrc and use the Black Pearl, I then use the sound channel for an immersionrc tiny telemetry giving me real time gps of where the phantom is.

So I have a rca connector splitter between the Black Pearl white rca and the DVDR onto the ipad

Simon

Simon,

I just ordered a Tiny Telemetry for my P2 and curious as to where you ended up mounting yours.

Thanks,
Pete

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj