P3 Firmware Am I missing something?

Reaction score
A newbs request for help before I contact DJI support... am I missing something?

So, I have the Phantom 3 professional. Pulled it out yesterday for the first time in a long while. My tablet (Shield running Marshmallow would not connect) but since I knew the firmware would be out of date, I wasn't worried, just decided to update and then figure it out.

Downloaded P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin onto a MicroSD and updated the Phantom, that worked, no problem. Placed a copy of the file on a thumb drive and plugged into the controller. I waited a few minutes, nothing. When I view the thumb drive, it had written a text file:

==========2016.06.30 16:44:31========== Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin, Result: Abort The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

OK, so tried to connect the Shield tablet again, still no dice. Tried a Nexus 7 just in case, no dice. I managed to get both tablets connected after I put them into USB debugging mode. Ran the DJI Go App, it said:

Updates Required: The remote controller doesn't support updating throught the app. Update the firmware by connecting a USB drive.

Tried 2 different tumb drives (even though the controller is clearing reading them OK), tried a microsd card reader (removed the txt files) and also tried tethered to the Phantom.. no dice. Same text file, same error message on the App.

Anyone come across something similar? Any thoughts on what else I could try? Was thinking of trying to downgrade firmware and see if that helps?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Have you tried a different cable between the controller and bird? Also, at the main screen in the Go app, with the P3 Pro selected, does it reoprt "aircraft connected"? with both the controller and bird powered on? When you say it is not connecting, what is the exact error message?

Yes, tried a different cable, no dice. I've got aircraft connected, no problem. Can view the camera, no problem. The crux of my issue is that the app is telling me the controller needs an update that can't be done through the app only usb. When I try that, the controller is telling me that's its already up to date.

The controller will only update via the GO app after firmware version 1.3.20. If the version you have just updated from was earlier than that, you will need to download 1.3.20 from the DJI website and put it on an sd card to update the controller via usb....after that you will be able to update the controller via the app to the latest version, which is 1.6.0

OK, I'll try that, thank you! Odd that the controller thinks it has the latest firmware though. You would think it would be set to update with any version later than what it already has, not a specific build.

rockydog beat me to it but that should work. I purchased a refurb P3P and had the same firmware update issue. Took hours of trial and error; installed 1.3 to both the bird and the remote, then installed the latest firmware right after.

Thanks for the help all. Put 1.3.20 on a USB and the controller liked that and did the update. Ran the DJI GO APP and it's updating the controller to 1.6.0 as I type! Now I'm in good shape to try and shoot some fireworks.. wish me luck. Thanks again to all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20