Am I missing something...Camera wont move

Reaction score
I have my new P2V Plus. Read the manual did all the calibrations. Everything seems good to go, but the camera just tilts down on a 45 degree angle and I cannot get it to move. It levels for a second when I fire the bird up, then it just point down. I can connect to it with the app. I binded it, but have no control over it with the app. I am sure this has been discussed here, but the search on the board is a little difficult. Am I missing something. No errors, gimbal has a green light...???

Re: Am I missing something...

Yikes! I haven't encountered this. Are you saying that you see the vertical adjustment on the left of the screen and that touching this does nothing?

quadcopter said:
Can you see a picture the camera sees?

Yes. It just wont move. I can level it out when when there is no power to the bird. If I put the lenses cap on, the weight of the cap tilts it straight down.

dscott77 said:
Yikes! I haven't encountered this. Are you saying that you see the vertical adjustment on the left of the screen and that touching this does nothing?

Correct

Do other screens controls work, such as switching between stills and video? If so, you could try enabling the Accelerometer Sensor Mode, then tilt the controller and see if this moves the camera.

dscott77 said:
Do other screens controls work, such as switching between stills and video? If so, you could try enabling the Accelerometer Sensor Mode, then tilt the controller and see if this moves the camera.

Where is this setting at? I can switch between video and picture. It will shoot video and take pictures, just won't move.

4wd said:
It resembles a blue globe, above the arrows on the left.

It's a white globe and it does nothing if I press it. I have no control that way either. If I hit the arrows below, they move up and down the slider, but to camera movement.

If its not the app as suggested above, you can try two more things.

1) try checking for loose cables connecting between the camera gimbal controller and the phantom as one of the cables controls the tilt. You may need to open the phantom shell to just do a visual check on the phantom side.

2) try tilting the camera via the 7th channel screw at the back of the transmitter (it's the pot above the FCC/CE pot). You can use a flathead screwdriver to turn this pot and see if the gimbal moves even when the app is running. It would be interesting if this works because this would mean that the phantom Naza-M V2 controller you have MAY have been programmed for a zenmuse gimbal hence the tilt function doesnt get handed over to the app when the app launches. (I.e. Same concept as the old phantom2tool for the Ch7 hack)

Flyboy said:
I am so pissed about this!!! Where the hell is the QC with Dji??

Apologies to Dji for my QC comments :oops: . Once I just blew the IOS out on the iPhone and reinstalled the App, everything started working.

I was really glad some of you chimed in and said the start-up was normal. I was a little concerned about that.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Appreciated!

Rick

Flyboy said:
Here is a quick video of all it does after powering up. Then I cannot control the camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj24bacMBfQ

Thanks

My brand new out the box one does the same thing... It will also sit and shutter/shift left to right... Can't tilt at all... I get a gimbal error on my screen as well... I do see video too...

Mine was never flown, just taken out the box, charged, changed sticker colors to blue...

Waiting for RMA from Drones ETC now...

Don't fly it... Just return for a replacement...

semaj said:
Flyboy said:
Here is a quick video of all it does after powering up. Then I cannot control the camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj24bacMBfQ

Thanks

My brand new out the box one does the same thing... It will also sit and shutter/shift left to right... Can't tilt at all... I get a gimbal error on my screen as well... I do see video too...

Mine was never flown, just taken out the box, charged, changed sticker colors to blue...

Waiting for RMA from Drones ETC now...

Don't fly it... Just return for a replacement...

Flyboy fixed his issue by deleting and reinstalling the App. Read his last post..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers