Am I Lucky Or What?

Reaction score
1 week and 1 hour and 25+ hours of searching. I FOUND IT! Mine did a flyaway (a REAL one) after a real hell of a sudden storm hit from nowhere. I went to home lock and just as it got to the 10m limit off it went East with gale force winds with no chance of bringing it back so I tried just to orient back to me while I still had OSD and failed. Here is the journey!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wow, you're lucky!!! Lost a P2V+ on 4th of July, have looked for it countless hours, no dice. Got a new P2 w/ FPV and P3S now, have searched using them as well still nothing. I never fly w/o Trackimo anymore. I was sooooo mad about it when it happened, it still bothers me. The worst part for me was my tracker arrived 2 days after I lost it, if only I had waited.

Glad ya found yours man!!! Get a tracker of some sorts just in case there is ever a next time.

A tracker is on it's way and not flying until fitted and tested. So sorry you never found yours Timmydz!

It covered quite a distance! How did you narrow down your search zone?

Congrats on the recovery!
Terry In my search I found 2 eyewitnesses that gave me a pretty good idea of the trajectory, so finally I was able to go on google earth and figured it had to have come down on one of 3 properties and it was found bang on my trajectory. We have had the biggest rainfall on record the week it was gone, pulled apart and not a drop inside and all working perfectly. I might buy a lotto ticket this week.

What tracker did you guys get

Marco Polo tracker is self contained, thus, it does need cell service to be useable. Hope I never have to use it.

1 week and 1 hour and 25+ hours of searching. I FOUND IT! Mine did a flyaway (a REAL one) after a real hell of a sudden storm hit from nowhere. I went to home lock and just as it got to the 10m limit off it went East with gale force winds with no chance of bringing it back so I tried just to orient back to me while I still had OSD and failed. Here is the journey!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Glad you found it. That or those (can't tell how many by the herky jerky video) storm cells are fairly obvious to see. As a licensed pilot, we are taught to give storm cells a 20 mile space as they can have that much influence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dean Ing
Marco Polo tracker is self contained, thus, it does need cell service to be useable. Hope I never have to use it.

MarcoPolo is good, but if you don't want to spend about $200.00 a TK102B GPS tracker can be had for about $20 (plus 10 bucks every 3 months for cellular service for it) or a TK109 GPS tracker.

Both work exceptional well and are accurate to within about 5 feet or so.

Only drawback is it won't work if there is no cellular service.

Reactions: Gary E
MarcoPolo is good, but if you don't want to spend about $200.00 a TK102B GPS tracker can be had for about $20 (plus 10 bucks every 3 months for cellular service for it) or a TK109 GPS tracker.

Both work exceptional well and are accurate to within about 5 feet or so.

Only drawback is it won't work if there is no cellular service.
Yes, it is much less up front cost. But, where I operate in Oregon, cell service is patchy and in most cases, non-existent. Something to consider when deciding which one to utilize. City slickers likely don't need the self-contained style of tracker.

Reactions: JKDSensei
Yes, it is much less up front cost. But, where I operate in Oregon, cell service is patchy and in most cases, non-existent. Something to consider when deciding which one to utilize. City slickers likely don't need the self-contained style of tracker.

Urban stooges. like me ;-) Wanting to move to a quieter place tho.

I find it amazing how many people still fly their $500 - $2500 toys with no tracking device whatsoever.

I went with the Trackimo. All in $100. Works very well. Came with sim card as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31