Altitude error?

Reaction score
So I'm flying my P4 this evening (9/28/16) in an attempt to video the sunset. Nothing great with it just practice for me. At any rate I take the P4 up to 392.4 feet when I get the "Max altitude" message so I release the altitude control and concentrating on getting the subject matter lined up in the camera when the "Max altitude" message starts repeating itself over and over and over. What the heck??? So I glanced at the altitude and it was indicating 560 feet?????? (No I didn't change the max altitude limits) So I immediately start a descent. When the P4 lands it tells me that the altitude is now a -140 feet??? So I'm guessing that something somewhere in the software was a wee bit miscomputed. Anyone else had any similar occurrences?

I shut everything down, restarted and everything from that point was normal and I went through 3 battery flights with no more issues.

Did you change your home point during the flight?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The barometer in the P4 measure your elevation proportional to the atmospheric pressure. If you flew in different pressure zones this may happen, I usually find a elevation variance from take off to landing because of temperature change and pressure change in the same flight.

What I did was fly to altitude straight up. Horizontal difference was only about six feet. I'm thinking it was some sort of "glitch"

What I did was fly to altitude straight up. Horizontal difference was only about six feet. I'm thinking it was some sort of "glitch"
Could be a glitch, the pressure required to have a 700 feet differential is only 0.35 psi. Keep an eye on it, I once had a big max altitude reading of over 5600 feet because I flew close to a coming storm front I suspect, GO app gave me a barometer error, I flew back home with no problems as the craft remained at 360 feet landed fine, did a on and off and all was good. That was 2 months and about 1.5 million feet ago and I never seen a error since, I only get small variances from my take off to landing usually less than10 feet. If this happens again with a large difference in elevation you should send it in for repair, this could be signs of a defective barometer.

Reactions: Ranch5

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20