Altitude and range

Reaction score
The pilot app has a range and alt of 500m but i see on youtube people fly higher than that. How?

They probably aren't flying with a P3.

So the p3 alone has that restriction [emoji53]
Correct. DJI added that restriction in the Phantom 3. Priors Phantoms do not have that restriction (yet).

Oh ok i figured it would but where im from theres beautiful mountains that would be cool to fly over or capture the view and its about 3000ft high

You'll need to climb about half way to the top first ;)

But how are people able to reach very high heights and when when i bougt my p3a it said 6000m range alt[emoji37][emoji58]

Correct. DJI added that restriction in the Phantom 3. Priors Phantoms do not have that restriction (yet).
Isn't the altitude related to the ground directly below the P3 or is it from take off point? It you are near the top of the mountain say 100 ft -- then you would be able to fly above the top-- correct? ,

it said 6000m range alt
Correct. The DJI specs show the Phantom can fly to a max of 6000m above see level (not above take off level).

The Phantom software only allows you to fly 500m above the take off point though. I've never tested this, but I'm assuming it's also smart enough to not allow you to reset the take off altitude by resetting the home point while in the air.

My P2 never will. No need to update the f/w going forward for me.

Reactions: Airborne
If you get a thirth party app you Will be able to get over the 500 mtr

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Yes a thirth party app like litchi Will do the Job . Look on Google groups litchi for details to get it to work with the P3 i only fly with litchi on my P3 but beware of the laws in youre country and dont fly reckless.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic