Alternatives to Nvidia Shield.

Reaction score
Just a quick question.. i have 1 day left to return my shield tablet. I love it, but the wifi is TERRIBLE... its always been bad, and it seems super common among owners. Is there any tablet out there that can screen capture, and has HDMI out? so i can use my headplay?
thanks

EDIT : speedtest showing 3mbps TOPS download, yet up to 15mbps upload.

Mine also my wifi is very good but I have a do know when you hold the tablet in you Hand. By the speakers (the side without the front camera) if you have your hand on it. Like you are holding it. you cover the wifi antenna.

If I used my old bebop drone I can get almost 350m out of the wifi.

Have you got latest firmware installed?
i do have the latest firmware installed...
Its bizarre. it bounces around from 1mbps to 15mbps, back to 1. etc, seems not to matter where my hands are.
I have a 100mbps download connection, so regardless its not firing. just sent back to amazon (interestingly enough the last day i could haha)

I have a Shield and it works fantastic for me. I even use a personal hot spot on my phone and connect through the Shield for GPS without issue.

Maybe i got a lemon... i like the tablet, just not the wifi... now i cant even order a replacement, they are backordered on amazon.
That tablet is like a year old now. i cant imagine there isnt something more powerful and better by now... or a new shield tablet soon

Maybe i got a lemon... i like the tablet, just not the wifi... now i cant even order a replacement, they are backordered on amazon.
That tablet is like a year old now. i cant imagine there isnt something more powerful and better by now... or a new shield tablet soon
New shield in the next month or two, or so the rumor goes. Look at the link I posted before for a possible alternative.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie