Alternative Wiring For IOSD mini and 3D Gimbal

Reaction score
Hi - I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm opening up myself for ridicule here but I'm considering getting myself a second quad and as I haven't yet wired in my FPV gear into my first Phantom 2 yet I was wondering if it were practical to wire in the FPV gear using plugs rather than soldering as per every You Tube video or recommendation I have seen so I could switch between the two - something like a bullet connector although I'm sure there's a more elegant type of connector that I could use like a jst plug of some kind.

Is there a reason why I shouldn't do this ?
What plug would you recommend if I did ?
And on a separate note does anyone know of a low cost after market anti vibration mount suitable for a Phantom 2 that I could attach a sticky Go Pro Mount to ? I've seen a number of carbon fiber mounts designed for a P1 that consist of 2 plates connected with rubber bushes much like the Zenmuse base but nothing for a P2 ???

Cheers wW

Sure, why not. A lot of my wiring on my S800 is this way. I use Futaba servo connectors as they're easy to work with, reliable, largely water resistant, and easy to buy.

Thanks, I'll have a look on Ebay for some.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a generic (read not expensive) anti-vibration mount for a a gimbal that I can stick a GoPro mount to?

It's not exactly cheap, but I'm about to test this one:

Here's where you can find more info: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13075

You can get it with the gopro mount shown in that thread, or use the regular P2 gopro mounting plate with it like I've done.

I should have test results tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20