Alternative TX options Question

Reaction score
Given that 'flyaways' almost always involve the stock TX, I am looking to get another TX.
I do not need an all singing, all dancing jobbie- just a reliable replacement.

I already have a DX6i, but that does not have the required 3 way switches.

I would value any thoughts on this one. Thanks

discv said:
Given that 'flyaways' almost always involve the stock TX, I am looking to get another TX.
I do not need an all singing, all dancing jobbie- just a reliable replacement.

I already have a DX6i, but that does not have the required 3 way switches.

I would value any thoughts on this one. Thanks

All comes down to budget really. Futaba T8J and Spektrum DX8 are the two most talked about here. Futaba is easier to plug'n'play on the Phantom due to the excellent RX that comes with it being Sbus capable. DX8 has telemetry.

Loads of others that will of course work but you tube either of the above and help is always at hand.... that in itself is worth a lot. Plus if you love the Phantom you will end up wanting more... the more you spend the more options you will have in the future and if you don't progress and decide to sell up, you have a much better package.

Nice one Dewey, but will she let me spend another 200 sobs !!

I was wondering if there might be a,well, 'entry level' variety.

Well the answer to your first question is of course no.... But then will she let you pay even £100 without a similar amount of cold shoulder and abuse :lol:
I have heard people talking about Hitech being ok but no idea on price point? Frankly any 7 or 8 channel is likely better than stock but not sure if you will get a 'full range' for much under £200. Just buy it and photoshop the invoice ;)

I decided to wait for the new DX9 that'll be out in a few weeks. Audible telemetry... uhm, yeah baby.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik