Alternative to DJI care that has no cost limit and covers liquid damage

Reaction score
Been creepin for the last 2 months, finally found a reason to make an account. I and a few others on here were pretty disappointed that the DJI care for the P4 only covered $1,399 worth of damages, not including liquid damage. Also the coverage amount declining on the last month to next to nothing to prevent false claims is infuriating if you were to happen to actually crash and only find out that 40% of it is covered.

Anyways, I stumbled across NAM on amazon while on the phantom 4 page. I then went to their website and found out they cover everything including water damage. They also have no repair $$ cap like DJI Care does. It's $259 for one year or else $379 for 2 years. Until BH sells the P4 on amazon with SquareTrade I think this is the only 3rd part option.

Edit, they are a pretty new company, anyone have experience with them?

Reactions: fastsmiles
Check out dronesetc if you haven't purchased insurance yet. I bought there's and from my chat with the guy there, I asked him if I wrecked it was it covered and he said yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had an insurance policy that covers my firearms, wife's jewelry etc. for several years now which costs me $60/yr. I contacted my agent and asked about adding the P4 and was quoted $37.50 per year to add it to the policy and it would cover any and all damage, theft or loss. He sent it to underwriting and I'm waiting to hear back. Might be worth looking in to, all I had to do was send him the receipt for the P4 and the extra battery.

I've had an insurance policy that covers my firearms, wife's jewelry etc. for several years now which costs me $60/yr. I contacted my agent and asked about adding the P4 and was quoted $37.50 per year to add it to the policy and it would cover any and all damage, theft or loss. He sent it to underwriting and I'm waiting to hear back. Might be worth looking in to, all I had to do was send him the receipt for the P4 and the extra battery.
Who is your policy with?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's weird, because I've asked my agent three different times over the last 18 months if they were selling drone insurance yet and the response was always no. Let me know what the underwriters say.

I didn't ask for drone insurance specifically, just to have it covered under my existing policy. They may be thinking "drone insurance" might involve covering damages to others property caused by the drone.(?)

I read of a few other people getting coverage from their insurance companies for theirs which is what made me call my agent so I know I'm not the only one.

That's weird, because I've asked my agent three different times over the last 18 months if they were selling drone insurance yet and the response was always no. Let me know what the underwriters say.

Sounds like maybe you need a new agent, hazarding a guess that yours didn't even look into it. I asked my agent and at first she just gave me a wierd look and replied that she had never heard of it...it took her a few hrs to get back to me but now the paperwork is in the mail. ✌️ Mind you I also bought DJI care but DJI care won't cover other damages my phantom may cause when/if it comes thundering in and strikes the only item of value within a ten mile radius

I called State Farm Insurance today after reading that they were a major insurer that covered drones. I have Home and Auto with them. My agent stated that they did cover drones under an "all risk policy" which covers everything. Lost, stolen, accidental for $60 year no deductible. Cheaper if I preferred a deductible. I figured I could afford $60 year. She stated that this is the same policy they use for other merchandise such as jewelry, cameras, etc. She also stated my Canon DSLR T3i camera could also be covered for .92 per $100 value.

All I needed was a copy of sales receipt, and serial number. I told her I would get her the information on my drone after work and that I no longer had the receipt for my camera but was interested in insuring that as well. She said all she needed for that was estimated value and the serial number.

So, I got a personal articles policy from State Farm that has a zero deductible for $75. If my p4 goes for a swim ... covered. I had to call about a half dozen agents before I got someone who knew what I was talking about so be persistent.

Reactions: RDZDroneFlier

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4