Alternating Red & Green on start-up

Reaction score
I probably have 35+ flights on my P2V+ and have had absolutely no issues.

I recently switched to NAZA mode and went out to check out the IOC flight modes.

On my second flight I noticed after power on - the Phantom completed the system checks and I got the rapid flashing green as expected. It then began to do a alternating single Green and single Red light pattern. I tried switching S1 & S2 a couple times and that did not change anything. I did not want to fly it that way, so I powered off the P and Controller and repowered every thing. It then started acting normally with only green lights. The next couple of flights seemed to work fine.

It did it again today and reboot seemed to work, however I am concerned as to what the issue may be. On each time I have had 6+ satellites, full battery, and camera connection. Other than the lights everything seems normal, however I have not flown it this way.

I checked both Naza and P manuals and did not see the light combination described... Anyone knows what it means and how to fix it?

This happens to me when I have 6 satellites but not 7 or more. Very annoying. Never dared to take off.

Concerning the rapid green flashes in Naza mode, does it signify it was able to set a home lock point, or is it and indicator that it made it's internal system checks and is ready to fly. I'm a little unclear on that.

As far as going up with only one red flashing, I always thought it was ok, but try to keep the Phantom in close proximity. This happens in my backyard a lot, since there a quite a few trees around my yard. I really just hover around the small yard a little, and it seems completely controllable in GPS mode. If something goes haywire with the connection between the transmitter and receiver, it shouldn't cause a fly away condition with 6 satellites. Any advice on this??

Same here. If the lights alternate between one red, one free, I don't go far--like stay very close and low. I don't bother to even take off if the flashes are one green, two red. I just take it back in the house if I can't get any further than one green, three red. Most often it eventually gets to all green though.

Thanks to everyone for the information... does anyone know where you can find a complete listing of the light combinations and their meanings?

Happened to me tonight, got 6 satellites and exactly as you described, I was not going to fly with that red, closed it all down went though the preflight stuff again, still the same, then I rotated the phantom through 90 degrees (still on the ground) and almost immediately got 7 sats. and the red went, and I could fly!

jaykay2PT said:
Happened to me tonight, got 6 satellites and exactly as you described, I was not going to fly with that red, closed it all down went though the preflight stuff again, still the same, then I rotated the phantom through 90 degrees (still on the ground) and almost immediately got 7 sats. and the red went, and I could fly!
I did a similar "trick" and got 7 satellites and took-off but be aware! My bird went down to 5-6 every now and then still and it was tricky to fly in GPS-mode. Did a RTH when it wen´t to 5-6 satellites and is just started to auto-land where it was not supposed to. Took back control with ATTI but is I would not have seen it it would have been lost!
The satellite connection have been week for past 10 days. Is there something going on up there??

XL-Studios said:
I did a similar "trick" and got 7 satellites and took-off but be aware! My bird went down to 5-6 every now and then still and it was tricky to fly in GPS-mode. Did a RTH when it wen´t to 5-6 satellites and is just started to auto-land where it was not supposed to. Took back control with ATTI but is I would not have seen it it would have been lost!
The satellite connection have been week for past 10 days. Is there something going on up there??

Forgot to mention, I always check the K-index, prior to take off, it was ONE, the best setting, strange!

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
Thanks to everyone for the information... does anyone know where you can find a complete listing of the light combinations and their meanings?

Here you go:

Attachments

• DJI LED codes.JPG
    DJI LED codes.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 1,765
Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
Check AppStore for 'pocket naza'. Free app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.