Altering RTH Altitude

Reaction score
Ive just downloaded and upgraded my firmware etc and one of the things I noticed was I should be able to adjust the RTH altitude in the DJI Assiatant software on my phone. Ive gone in there but it says RTH Altitude N/A. It would be useful to be able to set it higher then 20m as most of the trees around where I live are taller than that. Any ideas ??

downunderdrone said:
Ive just downloaded and upgraded my firmware etc and one of the things I noticed was I should be able to adjust the RTH altitude in the DJI Assiatant software on my phone. Ive gone in there but it says RTH Altitude N/A. It would be useful to be able to set it higher then 20m as most of the trees around where I live are taller than that. Any ideas ??

That option was available to me. What version of the assistant software are you using ?

Rather than set the height in the app, you can reset your home point up in the air at whatever height is safe for your local environment. Your Phantom will RTH 20 metres higher than your new home point. If you set it in the app, that doesn't allow for different heights needed flying in different places.

downunderdrone, you can only set the RTH in the DJI Vision app when it's connected to your Phantom. When not connected, it always shows "N/A".

what does this do?

Attachments

• IMG_3180.PNG
    IMG_3180.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 535
Meta4 said:
Rather than set the height in the app, you can reset your home point up in the air at whatever height is safe for your local environment. Your Phantom will RTH 20 metres higher than your new home point. If you set it in the app, that doesn't allow for different heights needed flying in different places.

How do you do that?

Does setting aircraft alt. as RTH alt. in the app overide the assistant RTH alt. ?

lfaitas

"To reset the "HOME" Position over the new location I was hovering over, I moved my S2 switch all the way down and then up 5 times. I then immediately observed the rear tail lights doing a quick flashing green to confirm the new Home position. To confirm my new "Home Lock" position I flew my Phantom away to see if it would return to the new Home spot when initiating Fail Safe. I flew a hundred or so feet away, as before moving my S1 switch to the bottom "Fail Safe" mode, again turning off your transmitter will do the same thing. And my Phantom flew up to 66 feet as before before flying straight over my new Home position coming in for a landing. This time I let it land all the way, it finished by turning off it's engines after touch down."

viewtopic.php?t=6542#p50114

fastsmiles said:
lfaitas

"To reset the "HOME" Position over the new location I was hovering over, I moved my S2 switch all the way down and then up 5 times. I then immediately observed the rear tail lights doing a quick flashing green to confirm the new Home position. To confirm my new "Home Lock" position I flew my Phantom away to see if it would return to the new Home spot when initiating Fail Safe. I flew a hundred or so feet away, as before moving my S1 switch to the bottom "Fail Safe" mode, again turning off your transmitter will do the same thing. And my Phantom flew up to 66 feet as before before flying straight over my new Home position coming in for a landing. This time I let it land all the way, it finished by turning off it's engines after touch down."

viewtopic.php?t=6542#p50114

I think by toggling S2 all the way between top and bottom positions you reset both COURSE and HOME positions. Happy to be told I'm wrong, but I don't think so from my reading and testing.

The S2 switch has 3 positions;

TOP = IOC OFF
MID = COURSE LOCK
BOT = HOME LOCK

Toggling 5 times between TOP/MID will reset the course lock.

Toggling 5 times between MID/BOT will reset the home position.

Toggling 5 times between TOP/BOT will reset BOTH.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj