Almost Went Down Again.. But now i have more info..

Reaction score
Well I might of jinxed myself in my last post saying all has been well...

But anyways as we all always quick to say "Yeah Vortex Ring Crash"... Maybe yes... Maybe No....

So today just about the same thing happened... open field, maybe 25 feet up, been flying for about 5-10min, plenty of battery.. Then all the sudden things get weird... But this time I noticed all the Status LEDs were all solid red.. and the same almost uncontrollable state of the quad... I was unable to control it and it was coming down but on a rapid angle this time.. Like an airplane coming in for a landing.. this time i got lucky and i was able to kill the motors over some really high grass and it wasn't damaged (anymore than it was the last time, lol)...

I take it over to a table.. lights still all solid red... i power off and on the remote.. still red.. i start it up, still red... then i try to take off (just to see what happens) it goes up crooked, wont hover in one place on its own.. its allll over the place.. like "Drunk Mode".. i land it.. take the battery out.. put it back in... then its fine.. flew it 5 more times during the day.. fine... all fine...

Weird.. Maybe a remote calibration needed? But why fly fine then not, then fine again? Still love flying it tho.. haha.. Nothings a perfect science..

SkysTheLimit said:

But anyways as we all always quick to say "Yeah Vortex Ring Crash"... Maybe yes... Maybe No....

So today just about the same thing happened... open field, maybe 25 feet up, been flying for about 5-10min, plenty of battery.. Then all the sudden things get weird... But this time I noticed all the Status LEDs were all solid red.. and the same almost uncontrollable state of the quad... I was unable to control it and it was coming down but on a rapid angle this time.. Like an airplane coming in for a landing.. this time i got lucky and i was able to kill the motors over some really high grass and it wasn't damaged (anymore than it was the last time, lol)...

I take it over to a table.. lights still all solid red... i power off and on the remote.. still red.. i start it up, still red... then i try to take off (just to see what happens) it goes up crooked, wont hover in one place on its own.. its allll over the place.. like "Drunk Mode".. i land it.. take the battery out.. put it back in... then its fine.. flew it 5 more times during the day.. fine... all fine...

Weird.. Maybe a remote calibration needed? But why fly fine then not, then fine again? Still love flying it tho.. haha.. Nothings a perfect science..
From the manual:
(3) If an error occurs (LED is solid red), please connect to the PHANTOM 2 VISION Assistant
Software for more detailed information.

1 IMU calibration is required. Calibrate within the Assistant Software.
2 IMU is abnormal. Should be repaired.
3 Compass is abnormal. Should be repaired.
4 Remote controller’s mid-point is set abnormally.
Refer to < How to solve large margin(s) mid point error?>.

I had the same problem yesterday. I toke it down and did a compass recalibration. After that all was fine.

desertphantom said:
SkysTheLimit said:

From the manual:
(3) If an error occurs (LED is solid red), please connect to the PHANTOM 2 VISION Assistant
Software for more detailed information.

1 IMU calibration is required. Calibrate within the Assistant Software.
2 IMU is abnormal. Should be repaired.
3 Compass is abnormal. Should be repaired.
4 Remote controller’s mid-point is set abnormally.
Refer to < How to solve large margin(s) mid point error?>.

Thx.. I have a manual also.. :mrgreen:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4