Almost no response from sticks after take off

Reaction score
Ive been filming a sports event all day, flew 8 packs, and 2-3 of the flights i noticed some weird abnormal behaviour after take off.
Outdoor temp was around 0 degr C, wind 2-4ms
After getting fix and home point recorded, i take off and hover at around 6-7m. Then stick inputs at the extreme points barely moves the craft. Craft floats around within a radius of 4-5m like in Atti mode, after a couple of attempts it snaps and reacts normally. No other tendencies related to this for the rest of the flight/s
Gps signals high, home point recorded before take off
Location, on a large frozen lake out in the wildernes far from any houses and civilization.

Anyone else experienced this?

It's pretty unlikely, but could the cold have affected the mechanics of your sticks? any lubricant could get stiff and cause some drag in the mounts or the wipers on the pots. Enough contraction could even cause some loss of contact within the wipers. Never seen that discussed here, but let's face it, cold can do some strange things to sophisticated electro-mechanical systems.

It's pretty unlikely, but could the cold have affected the mechanics of your sticks? any lubricant could get stiff and cause some drag in the mounts or the wipers on the pots. Enough contraction could even cause some loss of contact within the wipers. Never seen that discussed here, but let's face it, cold can do some strange things to sophisticated electro-mechanical systems.
I agree, it COULD be, but very unlikelly, the way it occurs the same way. Also 0 degr is not cold in this matter. Been flying rc uqipment for 30 years, also down to -19 with no issues.
Some of the bugs with this craft makes no sense, and i suspect most of them are software glitches...

I flew at -15 C this morning. No issues.

You aren't in tripod mode, are you?
Had to ask...

Just earlier this week I was flying during a very bright day and obstacle avoidance glitched out on me depending upon which way I was turning or facing the UAV. When it kicks in, the aircraft goes into a very conservative mode, limiting stick input. Could this have happened to you? (This also happens at low altitudes... 3-6 feet off of the ground.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav