Almost lost my quad by force

Reaction score
Today I thought it will be my last day with my bird. After a fly near a Spanish Fortress that I were willing to film, 6 guys approach me with bad intentions. :? Apparently there is a drug dealer site near the fortress and they ask me if I were filming. To make the long story short they take the camera from the drone by force and I tell the guy to remove and keep the card but not the camera (Phantom 2 Vision). For my luck he did it and return the camera. No damage, only to plug it again and attach the anti-jello cushions. Be aware were you will fly and take care of the neighborhood. ;)

dirkclod said:
Now that's why I carry !

Me too but not sure I want to get in a shootout with drug cartel. Pretty sure my .380 will be the small caliber in the party.

Sad to say, a small-caliber sidearm won't get you far when you're up against half a dozen 50-rd full automatics.

I carry a .45.

I've never had ANY trouble with anyone, though. Some curious people, all good so far.

They dont sound to bright if any thing them coming and messing with you would just bring even more attention to them havering some thing nefarious going on and them touching your phantom to take the card out and giving it back leaves finger prints on it.

If that were me before that even if I seen any thing i should not of seen that was none of my business I couldn't of cared less what any one else had going on or were up to. But as soon as they came and tried to make them selves enemy's of me is where I would of drawn the line. They definitely dont have good sand box skills.

Tho every ones attitude to be scared of drug dealers or gangs is exactly why they are able to flourish when people cowle to them.

darwin-t said:
I carry a .45.

I've never had ANY trouble with anyone, though. Some curious people, all good so far.

I either carry a 1911 in .45 or a Beretta 9MM... The .357 is just too uncomfortable... :D

-slinger

Don't these large metal objects strapped to your body interfere with your compass cal? Lol. I guess better to have a bad cal than risk drone attackers taking your life.

rrmccabe said:
dirkclod said:
Now that's why I carry !

Me too but not sure I want to get in a shootout with drug cartel. Pretty sure my .380 will be the small caliber in the party.

Thank you for thinking logically. Loss of life - especially yours - is not worth it. Let them have the card, or even the drone for that matter.

J.James said:
They dont sound to bright if any thing them coming and messing with you would just bring even more attention to them havering some thing nefarious going on and them touching your phantom to take the card out and giving it back leaves finger prints on it.

If that were me before that even if I seen any thing i should not of seen that was none of my business I couldn't of cared less what any one else had going on or were up to. But as soon as they came and tried to make them selves enemy's of me is where I would of drawn the line. They definitely dont have good sand box skills.

Tho every ones attitude to be scared of drug dealers or gangs is exactly why they are able to flourish when people cowle to them.
Well, I feel that I did the best thing anyone should do. I were there with my wife and another couple with a 5 y.o. child, so our lives were first concern. After the incident we feel blessed primarily to live to count it, and secondly, I have my quad in a piece. Remember that I told a long story, short. ;-)

phantomi said:
Today I thought it will be my last day with my bird. After a fly near a Spanish Fortress that I were willing to film, 6 guys approach me with bad intentions. :? Apparently there is a drug dealer site near the fortress and they ask me if I were filming. To make the long story short they take the camera from the drone by force and I tell the guy to remove and keep the card but not the camera (Phantom 2 Vision). For my luck he did it and return the camera. No damage, only to plug it again and attach the anti-jello cushions. Be aware were you will fly and take care of the neighborhood. ;)

I own a couple of rifles and a 9 mm Glock. But I never "carry," especially when out having fun flying my quads. Never felt the need to carry in public.
Anyway, you did the right thing Phantomi! Risking your life is not worth a game of Que es mas Macho.

Paul K said:
Just confused ,is it multi rotor forum ,or gun forum?
This is a multi rotor forum, a forum were is discussed multi rotor or quads related topics, one of them being the unwanted attraction they can received.

GoodnNuff said:
Paul K said:
Just confused ,is it multi rotor forum ,or gun forum?

When the forum talks about cameras, do you get confused as well?

That is very good question ,let me check if I have a camera or gun attached to my gimbal and I will get back with answer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.