Almost Gone

Reaction score
Was flying today and looked at my phone's battery percentage and RIP 1% so I hurried up and flew the drone back towards me and almost lost it. Thankfully as I was running back to my car I looked back and saw it in the air and landed it safely. If my phone dies or the device you're using with the app dies is GPS no longer active? Can I still use the RTH button on the controller?

If my phone dies or the device you're using with the app dies is GPS no longer active?
The Phantom has its own GPS receiver. It only requires the GPS location from your mobile device if you're using the Follow Me feature.

Can I still use the RTH button on the controller?
Yes -- as long as your remote controller is still connected to your Phantom. If it disconnects, RTH will be auto initiated in 3 seconds.

Reactions: cfd701
I've wondered myself, thanks, good to know. The less you have to worry about the better you will fly.

DJI offers a handy adapter that lets you charge your phone with the P4 battery. It has a 1A and 2A USB charge port available. It's an interesting accessory to have as backup in your bag when you have a power pinch during a hike. I can see using this with a battery that has been flown down to 35%, with just enough left to get a little juice to the iphone or iPad between flights.

Reactions: Jussaguy
How do connect that new USB Adapter to your battery? I didn't see any battery connector

Remember, you don't NEED a tablet or phone to fly. Just the RC. You obviously lose telemetry and video but you still have everything in the RC working just fine. If you lose the RC (say you trip, fall and land in a pond), the bird will just happily sit there until it gets to critical battery and then do what you programmed it to do (typically RTH but that's why you look).

Reactions: Wibble
Thanks Mike, I wonder why DJI doesn't include it
The USB charger can also be used with the Phantom 3, Inspire 1, and Ronin. I guess it was just easier to keep the parts separate since they can be used with other products. And, some people might just want to buy the cable to charge their remote controller.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20