Almost a year now..

Reaction score
I have my phantom almost a year now and just thinking should I have some kind of service?
I never changed propellers or motors, never inspected electronics.

id love to know what people say about this. i have seen where people treat the battery connections with a type of alcohol to eliminate corrosion and ensure a proper connection. I wonder how many cycles the batteries are good for. If you fly a ton, this is to be considered. I also would imagine if the props have any nicks at all, replacing them isn't a bad idea. I want to look into motor balancing for my phantom - maybe something you can check out as well.

cheers

How check e-clip and motor ?
I comfortable remove shell to check solder and cable all plug in.

Motor scare me. I want check but not sure how. I see some motor upgrade video but not show install in detail.
If people here have picture of clip or motor maybe help ??

Thank you !

platonas1 said:
I have my phantom almost a year now and just thinking should I have some kind of service?

I am assuming you have something other than a Vision+ as they have only been out for about 6.5 months?

I haven't noticed any issues other than one I have seen reported here previously: My bottom shell is developing hairline fractures around the motor mount screws. Unsure if this is because the screws were overtightened at the factory or it the plastic is just brittle? Keeping a close eye on this...

Dirty Bird said:
platonas1 said:

I am assuming you have something other than a Vision+ as they have only been out for about 6.5 months?

I haven't noticed any issues other than one I have seen reported here previously: My bottom shell is developing hairline fractures around the motor mount screws. Unsure if this is because the screws were overtightened at the factory or it the plastic is just brittle? Keeping a close eye on this...

Dirty bird be very careful with that I sold a P2V and the motor broke right out while he was flying luckily it was only 3' above ground while he was flying it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413810968699.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413810968699.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 699
Interesting Brorex. Certainly not a good thing to happen in flight. Now should I open her up and coat the inside of the shell around the motor mounts with epoxy, or just take the plunge and swap shells as I have a new one here that I bought for a Blackout Bird?

Ever use threadlock at those locations?

Dirty Bird said:
Interesting Brorex. Certainly not a good thing to happen in flight. Now should I open her up and coat the inside of the shell around the motor mounts with epoxy, or just take the plunge and swap shells as I have a new one here that I bought for a Blackout Bird?

I would say swap. The P2V+ looks a bit harder than the V did. My friend who bought the V did run the screws through with washers and some glue and flew it till the new body came in.

N017RW said:
Ever use threadlock at those locations?

I've never had the motor screws out. I am familiar with the "no threadlock on plastic" issue. Funny how a just a drop makes plastic crumble! :shock: I actually have Threadlocker for Plastics just in case I ever needed it for a special application.

Dirty Bird said:
, or just take the plunge and swap shells as I have a new one here that I bought for a Blackout Bird?

That sounds like a heck of a project, DB. If you do choose to do it, please document and post... I'm sure I could benefit from it someday!

PS... any issues with the P2V+ after you got it cleaned up from its sleepover in the rain?

The Blackout Bird Project is a spare shell and a set of Vision+ landing gear that I plan on painting flat black for night missions like 4th of July. :cool: Lights will either be switchable before liftoff or taped. Was thinking of getting a second Vision+ for the project.

Ten flights since the crash...no issues at all. The weirdest thing is "Battery #1" has three flights since the crash and it is functioning perfectly. No idea what made it act up during that flight? Looking at how long it took to settle into the trees, I could have probably made it back home had I not lost visual & FPV.

Perfect thank you!! Exactly what I need see.

Can anyone who speak German tell me what he say when time at 2:30 and 4:30. He write number on paper at 2:30 not sure what say.

Geert said:
tezza said:
How check e-clip and motor ?
I comfortable remove shell to check solder and cable all plug in.

Motor scare me. I want check but not sure how. I see some motor upgrade video but not show install in detail.
If people here have picture of clip or motor maybe help ??

Thank you !

This is a nice video it is in German language but the video speak for itself.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep2SHipxKy4[/youtube]

Geert./.

When lid is off should I spray everything with some of those pressurized air canisters to get rid of any dust ??
Or could it do damage seems its kinda liquid based ?

and more importantly.. should I spray the motors with it to ensure there are no tiny particles trpped inside ??

If that pressuirzed air stuff isn't the best to use, what would you guys suggest using to spray to clean ??

Would contact cleaner be better to spray the components with ?? WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE MOTORS ??

I took motors off to check those C clips, all of them still attached and look firm, but just wondering if I should give everything a bit of a clean some how before I put it all back together ??

I check motor all clip look good.
Phantom fly perfect but when shut off engine 1 motor stop spin 1 or 2 second after the rest. is bad or need to worry ?

I have one new motor/esc out of the 4 - and its much 'stiffer' than the other 3, idles slower, and stops faster.

There is supposedly a calibration needed between ESC/motor, cuz it gives me 4 extra beeps at startup on that arm.

But... the flying is flawless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1