Almost a RTH loss.

Reaction score
Had a scary one today. This was after the flight! When I came from town today passing the big high school sports field, I saw a contractor was installing big posts for, without a doubt, a new scoreboard. I was going to return to town to check on a house repair job, so I took the P2V with me. When done at the house, I stopped at the field and went up to catch some good video of the field and the construction. After getting home and checking the distance the most the quad was away was 850 feet. But at one time I lost sight of it and lost connection. It did the RTH and I spotted it coming, landed, and went home. At home watching the video is when I gaged. I lost connection because it went behind the big city water tower. That is when it kicked in RTH. Problem was it was not really over the top of the antennas on the tower. My Lucky day! Quad was just past the antenna when it shot right over the edge of the tower about 8-10 feet above it. If I had hit an antenna and crashed on top, the city would more than likely left it there until a light bulb change.
So without a doubt I will now make the sun shade for the tablet I use for FPV. Just can not see worth a darn in full sun. This is what I get for procrastinating on making the shade.
As the good pilots would say, "Always know where the quad is."

Thats good to hear, kind of. I am curious about the sun shade for your tablet. How do you plan on making it?

GrantAerial said:
Thats good to hear, kind of. I am curious about the sun shade for your tablet. How do you plan on making it?
Well, experiment with thin plastic and maybe glue it together. If that doesn't work, maybe do the same as I did for my smart phone. Cardboard! Paint it black inside works well. Had a flap at the bottom that moved up so I could get my finger to adjust the camera. Cheap and it worked.

I have looked at them. Look good but when you get one big enough for a tablet, they get expensive.

Happyflyer said:
I have looked at them. Look good but when you get one big enough for a tablet, they get expensive.

And heavy...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav