All these water related crashes makes me want to try one of these!

I recently sent my P4 out over the Arabian Sea. I wanted it to get to a small fishing boat that I estimated was about a kilometre out, but turns out that distances looking out to the sea can be deceiving. At 1.5 Kms (just under a mile) I decided to turn back, as the boat was at least another 500-800 m further out.

It was a thrill though. As long as you maintain a reasonable height above water (say, > 10 m) I think you're good.

Here's another waterproof quad. At 1:40 or so they toss it in the water before it launches.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't think the Lily ever got off the ground, so to speak.

Noobs are afraid of flying over water which is understandable.

Most experienced fliers aren't afraid of water because they know through experience the chance of going down is so low. It's less than one percent.

I don't think the Lily ever got off the ground, so to speak.

Noobs are afraid of flying over water which is understandable.

Most experienced fliers aren't afraid of water because they know through experience the chance of going down is so low. It's less than one percent.

I don't think the Lily ever launched either. So you're calling me a noob? We'll you're correct! I do get a little nervous when I read about these crashes. 50% or more of my flying time will be over a lake with virtually no ability to recover the drone if it goes down in the lake.

I do think the future will be more robust drones. People want to use these for a variety of applications and want them to be able to operate in a variety of conditions.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers