All of a sudden terrible video transmission.

Reaction score
After 20 gorgeous flights (no crashes... yet) suddenly the image transmission on my P3P is terrible. I've been searching the site for transmission issues and have found all of the symptoms I suffer; pixelation, lag, rolling gray bar etc. but didn't find any thoughts as to why this would happen all of a sudden; yesterday the range and image transmission was gorgeous, today pathetic. The only thing that changed was yesterday I was 200 miles further north than I am today. There were no overheating issues. I went into the Image Transmissioninto settings and cranked the quality way down. I picked a stable channel. But still the lag and pixelization kicked in once I was more than 100 feet away. I'm fairly far out into the country where there would be no electrical disturbances. Plenty of memory in my iPad2, no other apps running in the background, and it was definitely not hot. I've been using the original Apple cable from the start. The two antennas were constantly pointing towards the drone. The recorded video is, as always, gorgeous. It's just the transmission that's all of a sudden awful. I am one of the lucky ones who did the upgrade at the very beginning before any flights and suffered no issues. Until now? Any thoughts?
Many thanks in advance!

Just to rule out the device, I'd first try with a different iPad2 (or something else known to work well) and see if it occurs again.

When video starts acting up go into the HD and look at the channels and see what you are getting. Sometimes for inexplicable reasons all channels are just terrible. Maybe sun spots.. would be nice to have all of them back but DJI says no.

Thanks Dronebow. I did notice that when I went in there it wasn't the usual profile, that all were a lot less on the graph. I'm going to try again this evening and see what happens.

I'm no pro but what I did was go into the manual settings for the Image Transmission Settings and watched the response of the various channels. The bargraph will show you green or red and I picked the one that was most frequently green. I also lowered the transmission rate to "4". As long as you're not recording you can even do this while you're flying, make adjustments on the run… er, fly. Hope this helps!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj