All new to me

Reaction score
Hi all fellow members I got a phantom 2 vision today done everything the manual told me to do even got the camera linked to my iPhone but I'm having big trouble calibrating the compass I'm flicking s1 switch as instructed to get the solid Amber light I rotate it on a vertical 360 and the flight lights turn solid green but when I come to rotate it horizontally the lights just flash again when trying to lift off the phantom just tips over please help

First and most likely the issue
Are you lifting off slowly and easy?
If so DONT!
I put a note in below, on how to lift off ,you have to go full throttle, up to eye level ( 5-6' up ) the let off, wait a few moments to see if craft maintains a stable hover, with minimal drift, if so go have fun!
If not read below!
( if you try to lift off to easily, with just enough throttle, it will tip over every time! ) you just have to go for it!

If you feel there is another issue, follow my instructions below:

Have you downloaded the ( RC ASSISTANT, PC ASSISTANT, and WIN DRIVER? )
If not, do that now,
Go to DJI.com, go to SUPPORT, find PHANTOM 2 vision, you will be looking for DOWNLOADS, under here is the manual, and proper softwares!
Ok
FIRST:
Look at your remote ( Tx ) do you have a USB port!
( if no follow instructions below )
Remove 4 screws on back of Tx, lift apart at bottom, and slide back from antenna hole to separate halves, now locate the USB PORT on motherboard of Tx.
Ok
Plug cord from Tx to computer, then OPEN ( RC ASSISTANT )
Once running, TURN ON TX, now calibrate ALL sticks, toggles, and dial wheel ( if you have dial wheel remote )?
Now turn off Tx, close RC ASSISTANT, unplug Tx.
Now
Open PC ASSISTANT,
Plug phantom into computer, turn on Tx, extender, and phantom!
Go to BASIC tab, find RC, now calibrate Tx here again ( all sticks, toggles, and dial wheel ) this calibrates Tx to bird.
Next
Go to ADVANCED tab, ( MAKE SURE CRAFT IS STABLE, and LEVEL ( all directions ) perform an ADVANCED IMU CALIBRATION!
Once finished with calibration, turn off phantom, extender, and Tx, unhook bird, close PC assistant!
Next:
Now go outside
Do a fresh COMPASS CALIBRATION.

1) spin phantom ( like a record 360 degrees, until solid yellow , turns to green
2) point camera at the ground, battery up, spin 360 degrees, until green turns to flashing yellow ( no GPS lock ) or flashing green ( GPS lock )

Lastly:
Most importantly:
When lifting off, don't try to be easy, it will flip, you have to go FULL THROTTLE, up to about eye level 5'-6' up then let off, should maintain a stable hover, with little drift! If at this point bird is erratic, drifting badly, or acting weird in ANY way, land immediately, and recalibrate compass! Weird or unusual behavior is a good sign that something might be wrong? Maybe something simple, maybe not? Just s good habit to be safe, and not sorry!

Hope this helps! Good luck!
J Dot

First and most likely the issue
Are you lifting off slowly and easy?
If so DONT!
I put a note in below, on how to lift off ,you have to go full throttle, up to eye level ( 5-6' up ) the let off, wait a few moments to see if craft maintains a stable hover, with minimal drift, if so go have fun!
If not read below!
( if you try to lift off to easily, with just enough throttle, it will tip over every time! ) you just have to go for it!

If you feel there is another issue, follow my instructions below:

Have you downloaded the ( RC ASSISTANT, PC ASSISTANT, and WIN DRIVER? )
If not, do that now,
Go to DJI.com, go to SUPPORT, find PHANTOM 2 vision, you will be looking for DOWNLOADS, under here is the manual, and proper softwares!
Ok
FIRST:
Look at your remote ( Tx ) do you have a USB port!
( if no follow instructions below )
Remove 4 screws on back of Tx, lift apart at bottom, and slide back from antenna hole to separate halves, now locate the USB PORT on motherboard of Tx.
Ok
Plug cord from Tx to computer, then OPEN ( RC ASSISTANT )
Once running, TURN ON TX, now calibrate ALL sticks, toggles, and dial wheel ( if you have dial wheel remote )?
Now turn off Tx, close RC ASSISTANT, unplug Tx.
Now
Open PC ASSISTANT,
Plug phantom into computer, turn on Tx, extender, and phantom!
Go to BASIC tab, find RC, now calibrate Tx here again ( all sticks, toggles, and dial wheel ) this calibrates Tx to bird.
Next
Go to ADVANCED tab, ( MAKE SURE CRAFT IS STABLE, and LEVEL ( all directions ) perform an ADVANCED IMU CALIBRATION!
Once finished with calibration, turn off phantom, extender, and Tx, unhook bird, close PC assistant!
Next:
Now go outside
Do a fresh COMPASS CALIBRATION.

1) spin phantom ( like a record 360 degrees, until solid yellow , turns to green
2) point camera at the ground, battery up, spin 360 degrees, until green turns to flashing yellow ( no GPS lock ) or flashing green ( GPS lock )

Lastly:
Most importantly:
When lifting off, don't try to be easy, it will flip, you have to go FULL THROTTLE, up to about eye level 5'-6' up then let off, should maintain a stable hover, with little drift! If at this point bird is erratic, drifting badly, or acting weird in ANY way, land immediately, and recalibrate compass! Weird or unusual behavior is a good sign that something might be wrong? Maybe something simple, maybe not? Just s good habit to be safe, and not sorry!

Hope this helps! Good luck!
J Dot
Thanks J Dot really useful information do you know if there is any flying clubs in the West Midlands

Not that I'm familiar with, but I'm sure there is, there are spots in this forum if you search site map, as there are international areas and a bunch of stuff, kinda behind the scenes! But I know I came across a CLUBS forum/post somewhere, because I was pleasantly surprised at how many there were, as a lot of members posted ones they were members, and also ones they just heard about!
You can also put a shout out in general discussion, or off topic! That might even be where I saw it?
Or just type clubs in search engine!

We have a couple locally here, but most are VERY old guys, with strict rules, and when all that said and done, it's like standing in line at Disney waiting to get onto space mountain! COME ON , ALREADY! Geeez! Kinda slow paced! So I ROLL SOLO! But have a few friends that come over and fly, or we go out to the wetlands, or couple nature parks here ( really more like a preserve ), but they allow you to fly, as long as they get no complaints. So we made a sign! Aerial videography in progress, you are welcome to watch, but please don't interrupt the pilot, and we will be happy to answer any and all questions AFTER we have landed safely! Thanks for your understanding!
Aerial Video Staff!

Never had a complaint yet, a lot of questions, which is understandable given the nature of the term DRONE, but I want them to know it is all for FUN, we mean no one harm, just a simple HOBBY! We are DEFINATELY NOT out to get you!
Lol

Hope this helps!
Let me know if you get the space-x airborne! :cool:

As always,
J Dot

Take care, Fly safe!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member