AliExpress gimbal board PCB

Reaction score
I picked up a crashed phantom3 standard off of Craigslist. It was intact but no gimbal movement or camera feed. Apparently they tried working on it themselves with super glue on broken connections on Main gimbal board. I ordered a new board from AliExpress and all is well. Only issue I had was I could not use the flat spot on the shaft for the set screw. I had to offset it and set the screw on the rounded part of the shaft to Center the camera.

Figured I'd let everyone know in case people are leery of trying the gimbal board from them
20180103_194901.jpg
20180103_193924.jpg

What price did you pay for this board?

I bought and fitted one of these from the same supplier. This was after a crash which ripped the ribon cable mount off of the board. the camera still dosent activate. controls for motors seem a bit sporradic too. app says "gimbal dissconnected" most of the time. any ideas what i should be trying, apart from fitting it in the kitchen bin?

I didn't witness the crash of my drone but I'm guessing it was similar as the ribbon connection was broke and one of the antenna connections was ripped off the PCB. I would focus on the black Flex cable if it was that violent of a crash. The previous owner of my drone also broke the Locking tabs on some of the flex cable connections and tried to Super Glue them :). If any of those are broken you will need to order those boards also or fashion some plastic shims as I did. So far the three shims I made are holding after hours of flight so I am not replacing those boards unless I have a problem . I also couldn't get an aftermarket black Flex cable to work correctly. And finally got it working with the original DJI Flex cable.

I bought and fitted one of these from the same supplier. This was after a crash which ripped the ribon cable mount off of the board. the camera still dosent activate. controls for motors seem a bit sporradic too. app says "gimbal dissconnected" most of the time. any ideas what i should be trying, apart from fitting it in the kitchen bin?
. I noticed I didn't reply to your post directly.

thanks for the reply brad
just tried it again. this time the camera is spinning about wildly and motors are heating up and i canr get it to stop. at the same time, the start routine for the motors isnt functioning
cant see anything else loose or broken on the main board either

When I first started mine up without it being fully assembled it was spinning too far. Then I assembled the top plate of the gimbal and tried again and it locked to one side and start getting warm. That's when I started messing with the set screw and moved it off of the flat spot.
thanks for the reply brad
just tried it again. this time the camera is spinning about wildly and motors are heating up and i canr get it to stop. at the same time, the start routine for the motors isnt functioning
cant see anything else loose or broken on the main board either

There is a set screw that attaches the camera arm to the motor under the main PCB you replaced. The factory position is to set it on the flat spot but it didn't work for me. Also I just remembered as soon as I got that SD card to be recognized I copy the latest firmware to the SD card and updated it the manual way
15176602238491510069865.jpg

camera is just going wild, battering from stop to stop on every motor, which are getting extremely hot
still saying gimble not active and no picture from camera. rotors not starting either

camera is just going wild, battering from stop to stop on every motor, which are getting extremely hot
still saying gimble not active and no picture from camera. rotors not starting either
Bummer. Do you know anyone that has known working camera to donate for testing? I had a working phantom3 that I took the camera off to make sure everything else was good on the drone before I started. Sounds like you have a different issue that I didn't come across. Mine went a little haywire and then locked to the left Stop. Then I just rotated the Locking screw the opposite direction more and more until it stopped in the center

i think its "foooked" as they say. i think there is more than one problem with it.
i have access ito the phantom 3 advanced, but dont think that would help.

Hello,

I have the same problem. Bought a crashed drone, and tried everything under the sun to fix the gimble. But still gimble behaved wildly and couldn't get the camera to work, it said something like weak signal or something and all the tellementaries wouldn't work on the app. I had come across another damaged gimbal and used the main board of that. Wallah, the gimbal works fine and camera and all features of the app work to.

I picked up a crashed phantom3 standard off of Craigslist. It was intact but no gimbal movement or camera feed. Apparently they tried working on it themselves with super glue on broken connections on Main gimbal board. I ordered a new board from AliExpress and all is well. Only issue I had was I could not use the flat spot on the shaft for the set screw. I had to offset it and set the screw on the rounded part of the shaft to Center the camera.

Figured I'd let everyone know in case people are leery of trying the gimbal board from themView attachment 93750 View attachment 93751
Hello, thank you for this post.

I have a question, about the aftermarket gimbal board. How is it working, besides those teething issues, have you had any other issues, would you recommend it? Instead of the original Which is about $100?

Regards

Figured I'd let everyone know in case people are leery of trying the gimbal board from themView attachment 93750 View attachment 93751
Hey
Can you please share the link from where you bought this board ? I searched in Ali, but all being offered for $175 + seems unusual.
Also how much did you buy the non working Phantom - just to get an idea. If I were to sell mine.

Thanks
Ramesh

DJI Phantom 3 standard P3S gimbal controller PCB module Genuine Repair Parts Replacements DRONE-in Motor from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group[/URL] to Clipboard

This is not geniuine and I don't know if any good though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31