Alaska

Reaction score
I traveling from SC to Alaska and would like to take my phantom vision. Is there anyone that can advise me if airport security will be a problem. ...? Also is gps an issue that far north? Last question ... Does Denali national park restrict drones ... Can't find anything on line, but I've heard some of the national parks have banned drones. ? Any help would be appreciated.

mrfun,

Airport security will be the same as the Lower 48, shouldn't pose any unexpected problems. I have no problems with any GPS's that I own. My Garmin and the GPS on my Phantom 2 work like champs. As far as Denali, I have no idea, but it would be awesome to fly there. Just don't buzz the wildlife, they are VERY protective. If they let you fly, let me know, I'll drive up there myself.

AlaskaSean

I have been having some problems with stabilization since arriving to Alaska. When I let off the sticks it wanders. I have done the advanced calibration and the compass calibration but the wandering continues. It's almost like I'm flying in non gps mode. I have gps mode selected so I don't know what the issue is. Worked fine when I was down in the lower 48 states.

Mine wanders when I have less than eight satellites....really bad at 6. Could the latitude be restricting the number of satellites you see?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj