Airy Brushless Gimbal Install Trouble

Ole

Reaction score
I am a novice and ( as stated in my subject line)am trying to install a Airy brushless gimbal. I have everything wired and working except for the tilt function. I have a Phantom 1.1 I think I have narrowed it down to the X1 stick on the back of the TX. When I hook up the P to my computer I can calibrate and see movement on everything except the X1 stick. It's even greyed out. Does this mean I need the upgrade main board or am I doing something so obviously wrong I'm not seeing it?
Thanks in advance
Ole

Hi Ole. I've recently installed the Airy. No soldering. Love it.
Have you followed the installation video on YouTube (link from the Helipal.com site)?
The basic gimbal just needs screwing onto the underside of the Phantom and plugging in. For the tilt function you need to open up the quad - still no soldering required but there are wires to be passed through one of the leg openings. My Phantom's a 1.1.1 - not sure what the 1.1 involves but if you've got the tilt lever on the back of the transmitter I should imagine the board is OK.
Hope this helps.

Thanks Wendy
Yes I have watched and followed the video and double triple checked it. As I stated, when I connect the Phantom to the software to make sure the gain and everything is set properly, the X1 stick is greyed out. I cannot see the stick move in the software when I move it on the back of the TX and I am unable to calibrate it. More help is needed I think.
Thanks again.
Ole

Ole, have you gone into assistant software -> advanced -> gimbal and turned it on?

Ole,

I can't answer your question about the P1.1 vs. the P1.1.1, but I can tell you that the airy gimbal works flawlessly out of the box with the P1.1.1. I just had to connect the power and X1 cables, enable the gimbal in software, and it was ready to go.

Emcsquar, yes i have turned the gimbal on in software.
Dave, thanks for the vote of confidence on the purchase. Helipal has gotten back to me already with questions. I'm sure I'll hear from them again tonight.
I've run through the software once again and checked everything was as it should be. Tonight I'll open the Phantom up again and make sure I didn't bend a pin or something by accident.
Thanks

A friend and I have both purchase the Airy gimbal and after having to fiddle with the lever a bit, I think we might finally have it figured out.

We had to adjust the servo settings from +/- 1000 to -100 and -450 to get it from wanting to move further than we wanted it too.

Also we found that the X1 inside the transmitter is VERY sensitive. Even as far as how tight we closed up the transmitter effected the performance of the gimbal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.