Airy Brushless Gimbal from Helipal

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newb here (just for context), but I just received my airy gimbal from helipal and I like it.

I paid 189 for it and it is exactly what was advertised (IE when it said it included wiring it included ALL wiring - unlike the goodluckbuy gimbal I bought.

I ordered it 3-5 and got it 3-10 today - it didn't ship till friday. I paid 30 bucks to expedite it from hong kong...

One of the reasons I went with this and paid an extra 100 bucks compared to some cheaper ones is the install video was very well done and it was much lighter than others... goodluckbuy comes with no documentation and expect to receive a different iteration than what you paid for. My unit was non-working too btw...

I installed it per the video and it worked great.

If you are on the fence and don't want to shell out for a dji muse gimbal this is a pretty safe bet. I imagine that plenty of people have had good luck with the goodluckbuy gimbal, but I would say you are rolling the dice if you are new like me.

Can you tell I have had a bad experience with goodluckbuy?

My friend (amrflyingdude) we fly together on weekends scouting different locations bought one from Goodluck and has had no issues what so ever,
I decided that with all the waiting on this rotorpixel gimbal i sent out for a good Goodluck Gimbal and will modify it to fit the my Phantom Vision camera.. let see who it goes.. i will post a full report on how I did the mod to find the Vision camera and flight video..

goodlucktoyou on your goodluckbuy. I really think its a roll of the dice.

gimbals are probably all coming from similar factories, these guys just have no customer support whatsoever.

oh i will say this: the weight on this guy was pretty heavy.

going forward i definitely think it is worth the extra money to find the lightest gimbal out there.

i mean if you have your phantom loaded up and only get 6 minutes of flight time, every minute is precious up there.

mlees said:
oh i will say this: the weight on this guy was pretty heavy.

going forward i definitely think it is worth the extra money to find the lightest gimbal out there.

i mean if you have your phantom loaded up and only get 6 minutes of flight time, every minute is precious up there.

"The weight on this guy was pretty heavy"

What are you referring to? The Airy or another gimbal?? I'm considering getting the Airy but that comment stopped me in my tracks.

I was referring to the goodluckbuy gimbal. It was quite a bit heavier than the airy.

mlees said:
I was referring to the goodluckbuy gimbal. It was quite a bit heavier than the airy.

Ah, ok thanks. I think it's between this and the Arris.

FYI I was looking at my airy gimbal and the vibration dampeners actually say Arris so I assume that arris and Airy are made by the same company. Very curious to see all of the pictures on the internet and most gimbals look exactly the same but are called something different.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31