Airspace.

Reaction score
Just a question regarding air space. How do you figure out what class an airport is. I’m in a remote area of Virginia and Airmap shows a airport 4 Miles from me. I know the name of airport is there a way to figure out what air space I’m in. This is coming from a newbie. Thanks for your feedback.

Safe flying

Just a question regarding air space. How do you figure out what class an airport is. I’m in a remote area of Virginia and Airmap shows a airport 4 Miles from me. I know the name of airport is there a way to figure out what air space I’m in. This is coming from a newbie. Thanks for your feedback.

Safe flying
If you are flying for hobby/recreation (and not Part 107), then you really don't need to worry about what type of airspace it is.

If you are flying within 5 miles of any airport, you will need to contact the tower or airport operator to notify them that you are flying.

However, if you want to learn about airspace, check out Airmap AirMap Web App or SkyVector. SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts

Safe flying
Unsure which phantom your flying and unsure if p3 range has but if got latest firmware should have something like this in your dji app when you click on map (this pic p4),
Screenshot_20180601-191651.jpg
Screenshot_20180601-191458.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl