AIRR proposed rules (goodbye 333's, hello BLOS)

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455690879.997068.jpg

Seems pretty straight forward and fair. It will be interesting to see what finally goes into effect. It's got a long ways to go but at least we are heading in the right direction right now.

Seems like to much common sense to me, to actually pass
It's currently tacked onto a bill that may not get much traction. I don't know if that was on purpose or not but time will tell.

Hello night ops. I wonder how category 3 aircraft certification is going to work for my X8s.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that chart isn't in-line with the current proposed regulations. I believe that one is from last year. There hasn't been one made yet that is as clear and understandable as that one for the current proposed regulations... yet being the key word.

*Edit; I confirmed this with Peter Sachs (aviation attorney and a great go-to person for UAS regulations and support). This is from the original proposed rules petition from December 2014.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussaguy
Correct me if I'm wrong but that chart isn't in-line with the current proposed regulations. I believe that one is from last year. There hasn't been one made yet that is as clear and understandable as that one for the current proposed regulations... yet being the key word.

*Edit; I confirmed this with Peter Sachs (aviation attorney and a great go-to person for UAS regulations and support). This is from the original proposed rules petition from December 2014.

Yeah I checked and he confirmed the same:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455765841.678730.jpg

Full text for anyone interested. The UAV section is pages 196-235.

http://transportation.house.gov/uploadedfiles/airr_act_text.pdf

Reactions: Jussaguy
Thank you guys for fact checking that because I knew I had seen it already.

I might just be dumb but even that one, I still don't know how to read it exactly right. Especially as it pertains to what kind of license you have to which type of action.

Then they should explain what the deviation is from the different types of pilots to the different types of challenges.

What they should really do is just make you take a test (like a drivers license) and then purchase a registration for commercial use just like they do with cars. For people that use it for cinematography, aerial shows, etc, Uncle Sam will be taken care of, they will have to sort of pretend some proficiency in not killing someone with their machine and then move on.

Reactions: damoncooper

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj