Airnest App.

• Thread starter Deleted member 39682
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 39682

Dear Forum,
I just started using the Airiest app. on my Phantom 3 Advanced and I am looking for some feedback.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Forum,
I just started using the Airiest app. on my Phantom 3 Advanced and I am looking for some feedback.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
I bought it when it first came out. (it's price has lowered since) It's super easy to use, but there are a few things to watch out for.

If your drone is parked, it will take off and hover when you upload the mission, so be ready for that.

The camera will start recording when you start so don't turn it off thinking you are turning it on. (There is no audio feedback when it's turned on and off.)

If you forget to position the switch to "F", it will tell you to do so when you upload, but it will never finish uploading. You must start over. (no big deal)

If you press the "CI" button which changes the camera from horizontal to straight down, there is a message (in my case) saying the controller is trying to communicate with the Go App and should it be allowed. I said yes and it crashed the app. Say no and don't try that.

It is a fun and easy app. Just be sure your altitude is set high enough to keep out of trouble. Higher is always better for me.

You can either set the camera for manual control, point it straight ahead or drop a pin to focus on a single POI.
You'll like it. If you have problems, just switch back to "P" and restart the Dji Go App. The drone will just hover waiting for you. ;)

Reactions: NorthcountySD
Dear Dounin,
Thank you for your feedback.
I need to fly at my church site which is a very wide open area to test Airiest out throughly.
The church has always permitted RC flying on the property, the only rule is to pickup your litter before you leave.
I do not know if things will change because of the FAA rule.
I don't mean to go off topic but it's getting harder to fly in front of my house, I currently just fly at night to avoid conflict with my neighbors.
Just last night a neighbor walking his dog asked me if I had registered my drone and when I asked him why he wanted to know, he just said I was quote PISSING OFF ALL THE NEIGHBORS.
I guess flying after dark is not the answer to avoid conflict.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Dear Dounin,
Thank you for your feedback.
I need to fly at my church site which is a very wide open area to test Airiest out throughly.
The church has always permitted RC flying on the property, the only rule is to pickup your litter before you leave.
I do not know if things will change because of the FAA rule.
I don't mean to go off topic but it's getting harder to fly in front of my house, I currently just fly at night to avoid conflict with my neighbors.
Just last night a neighbor walking his dog asked me if I had registered my drone and when I asked him why he wanted to know, he just said I was quote PISSING OFF ALL THE NEIGHBORS.
I guess flying after dark is not the answer to avoid conflict.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Another reason to fly high - if you are up 200 ft or so, people are barely aware of it. That and keep it moving so people won't think they are being surveilled. With it in the news so much lately people are bound to ask, so I proudly tell them I'm registered with the FAA as a UAV pilot. I've sent Youtube links to the more skeptical neighbors. Everything is good so far.
Be careful flying at night unless you live on the tundra. You might be able to see your drone, but it's hard to see what's around it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj