Airdroid is a Phantom killer?

Reaction score
With all the issues over Phantom imports into US the Kickstarter project Airdroid is looking more attractive all the time. This has already been mentioned in another post, but here is the original link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ai ... t?ref=live

They have just updated their data on vibration attenuation, lights and international shipping. They expect to ship in June. Interesting alternative, but still without a gimbal

Project Update #3: Spare parts, International Shipping, and More!
Posted by AirDroids ♥ Like
Hello everyone,

Thank you for all of your support on this project, it has been an amazing journey so far. We wanted to send an update on some of the things that have been going on.

Lights …Many of you have been asking about adding lights, so we have adjusted the wiring harness to include a 5v plug for those of you who are interested in adding LEDs for night flight or other accessories. The plug tucks up into the body when it is not in use so it is not in the way.

Vibration isolation... We have been receiving a lot of questions regarding vibration isolation and Jello. We thought you would like to know there are two levels of vibration isolation currently and we are considering adding a third just in case. Each motor is mounted on a foam rubber mounting pad, and the bolts have rubber grommets to prevent any vibration from the motor transmitting to the frame and camera. The combination of rubber foam and hard rubber allow it to absorb two different frequencies. We are also looking at adding a layer of vibration absorbing material between the body and camera mount to prevent any residual vibration from reaching the camera. We know this product is only as good as the quality of video you can take with it, so we are including multiple mechanisms to make sure nothing interferes with your ability to make top notch videos using the Pocket Drone.

Batteries… We will have extra batteries available for purchase right after Kickstarter since you can only select one reward on Kickstarter. Our current plan is to include those additional batteries with your Kickstarter order shipment.

Props ... Each drone will come with a complete spare set of blades (three sets total). We know you all are great flyers, but it never hurts to have extra props just in case. We also will be selling spare parts and additional props through our web site in case you happen to need them.

Ok, the big one everyone has been waiting for. International Shipping… we are close, we have had our heads down trying to figure out all of the VAT, regulations regarding international shipping, and shipping costs. Keep your eyes peeled for an update next week.

Finally, we want to thank you all for your patience. We have been receiving thousands of emails with questions about the Pocket Drone and are working as fast as we can to get through them all. We hope to have responses out soon to everyone who has contacted us, and appreciate your bearing with us.

Thank you for all of your support, interest and questions. We can't wait to get the Pocket Drone out to you and see all the amazing ways you will use it.

-The AirDroids Team

This is an awesome drone to take when you're travelling and for doing hikes. I wonder which is the smallest remote control tx to go with it? It's such a shame that you can save so much size\weight with the drone, but your TX is a normal sized one :)

It's cool but the cost is the killer for me .

LeoS said:
This is an awesome drone to take when you're travelling and for doing hikes. I wonder which is the smallest remote control tx to go with it? It's such a shame that you can save so much size\weight with the drone, but your TX is a normal sized one :)

unless you can fly with your tablet.

This is cool but I swear I've seen that bike clip before on someones youtube page and they were using a 450. This is a really neat thing to have in the back seat of the car. Traffic jam on the highway? Launch it up and see how far you are backed up. I

I remembered seeing a video about these guys putting a demonstration in front of a panel trying to score investors...i wasnt impressed so were the panel...lol.... The tri looked cheaply made. I doubt if it's a phantom killer. No thanks!!!

Ksc said:
LeoS said:

unless you can fly with your tablet.

For less than 5% of a proper tx's range though.

SundayDuffer said:
..lol.... The tri looked cheaply made. I doubt if it's a phantom killer. No thanks!!!

Because... it doesn't have curved bodies like Apple products? ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub