Aircraft warming up issue

Reaction score
Hey guys

I need your help please. My phantom 3 Pro since the most recent firmware (v1.6.0040) just shows aircraft warming up and never changes. It switches to GPS ready to fly for a few seconds, then back to Aircraft warming up. I have left it for almost 10mins+ and nothing changes. There is no battery information displayed and the HUD does not respond when I tilt the aircraft.

Steps I have already tried:

IMU calibration - This does nothing, just sits at 0% for 10-15 mins + and never completes.

Cold IMU calibration - Put drone in fridge, but same results as above.

Tried to re install firmware or roll back - no result,

Different batteries, IOS device, re install app - no change.

Update firmware on controller - is up-to-date.

Any other ideas would be helpful - I have look everywhere on the internet and I cant find anything.

Thanks

Can you confirm your latest firmware update was successful, by looking at txt file on SD card after update runs, make sure you see "success" written somewhere there.

If there is no other issue, try to calibrate IMU, all will be ok.

Hi, I am facing the same issue. After connect to camera, aircraft warming up shown between 3 to 5 minutes, then only it shows Safe to fly. Is that normal. I have done IMU calibration and compass calibration. Firmware update is successfull.

After connect to camera, aircraft warming up shown between 3 to 5 minutes, then only it shows Safe to fly.
Place your Phantom in a cool place for ~15 minutes before doing the IMU calibration. Once cooled down, turn your Phantom on and start the IMU calibration as soon as possible. It's important to start it quickly since your Phantom will heat up as it continues to run.

I had a similar issue after updating firmware and recalibrating, but it is cold here this time of year. Took it out to the garage let it sit for 30 minutes then recalibrated in the garage at 28 degrees not the warm up is very brief.

I had similar situation, until I did a cold IMU calibration. Maybe a 3-5 second "warm up" after calibration, when it was 1-2 minutes before that. I would always get safe to fly eventually, but it took a long time and wastes battery.

SD

The cold calibration helped my P3 a lot. I set up the level surface while I was cooling my P3,
had the Controller and app ready to go, so when I powered up the Phantom, I could start the
calibration immediately after the self test. Did a Gimbal calibration right after.

My start up time has been considerably reduced. Now I have to figger out the DJI GO app
locking up between flights. I've put 'restart the tablet' in my preflight list, as it seems to have resolved
the issue. (Galaxy Tab 4 7.0) I think I need to get more used to the Litchi App... for some reason it's more stable.

Place your Phantom in a cool place for ~15 minutes before doing the IMU calibration. Once cooled down, turn your Phantom on and start the IMU calibration as soon as possible. It's important to start it quickly since your Phantom will heat up as it continues to run.

Well, I use a table fan to blow cool wind to the aircraft, then do the IMU and gimball calibration. Get 100% complete... Power off the aircraft...and the RC... Restart...... bingo... no more warming up....
Thanks

I thought the IMU warm up message means that the batteries need warming, not the aircraft... When I keep my batteries at room temp, the P3 starts and is ready for flight much faster than if I didn't warm them up first.. Also I believe the IMU warming up message at startup also has to do with the bird receiving a strong GPS signal or not.. If not it seems to take longer to "warm up"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20