"Aircraft requires upgrade"

Reaction score
I'm at a loss. I have performed all of the required upgrades and everything seems to be operating fine but I am still getting an alert, "Aircraft requires upgrade".

I have looked all over the web for an answer and tried DJI support but got hung up on by the auto-attendant twice.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: VenomX15301
I'm at a loss. I have performed all of the required upgrades and everything seems to be operating fine but I am still getting an alert, "Aircraft requires upgrade".

I have looked all over the web for an answer and tried DJI support but got hung up on by the auto-attendant twice.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
There is continuing conversations on these upgrades-- to many to mention-- and they are still going on-- Same questions, no complete answers yet. Join the party and jump in;)-- Bad timing on this question-- as the verdict is still out. Most of the posts that I have seen is that if the upgrade was successful as indicated by the text file on the SD card is that you can ignore the message you are receiving. If you hang out and read long enough, the answer will appear, but as to the timing, no one can tell you.
WELCOME TO THE FORUM-- there are a lot of answers here--but not on this particular one at the present

Upgrades are NOT mandatory to fly (...yet) and with DJI's last firmware "Foul-up" I'd be very careful and wait at least a couple of weeks or so after ANY firmware releases BEFORE updating your P3. Watch the forums to see if there are mass amounts of problems.

...and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If your current firmware works well, I'd leave it alone.

Same here. Updated to Go app, then drone and controller. Updates installed successfully. Now I get update message in the app.

Same here after updating(auto updated FYI) app to 2.01 I flew for first time today. After powering up everything got same update aircraft ...I flew anyway, as I believe that's what I've read, you don't need to update...but what update is it? I'm on latest, or so I thought, fw...1.3.2
Anyway, I performed my usual flight check maneuvers at low altitude before taking to the sky. Everything checked out so that's it. No answer as to what the app means for update aircraft.

Upgrades are NOT mandatory to fly (...yet) and with DJI's last firmware "Foul-up" I'd be very careful and wait at least a couple of weeks or so after ANY firmware releases BEFORE updating your P3. Watch the forums to see if there are mass amounts of problems.

...and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If your current firmware works well, I'd leave it alone.

Yeah I've not updated to the new firmware yet as everything seems ok - the dji app updated to go & it says I need to upgrade when I start up the app.. so we'll wait & see

Yeah I've not updated to the new firmware yet as everything seems ok - the dji app updated to go & it says I need to upgrade when I start up the app.. so we'll wait & see
Here is the issue-- it the app updates your controller automatically, then you wont be able to hold the app connection with the P3 if it is on a different version. IOW if the controller has the new app and 1.3.2 and the Phantom has 1.1.9 then you will start having connection problems. My app would connect and then drop off after about 5 seconds.. I would have to reset controller, app and phantom and then after 5 seconds it would drop again. So, I just gave up and updated the Phantom to 1.3.2-- that was successful. Now I have connection back and am not losing it. Going out tomorrow to check the upgrades out.

There is continuing conversations on these upgrades-- to many to mention-- and they are still going on-- Same questions, no complete answers yet. Join the party and jump in;)-- Bad timing on this question-- as the verdict is still out. Most of the posts that I have seen is that if the upgrade was successful as indicated by the text file on the SD card is that you can ignore the message you are receiving. If you hang out and read long enough, the answer will appear, but as to the timing, no one can tell you.
WELCOME TO THE FORUM-- there are a lot of answers here--but not on this particular one at the present
When you buy something, like a drone, you read the hype on that item and study the manufacturers advertisement over and over. Then you pull the trigger and lay down 1000+ in green. You are expecting that thing to do what they say it will do. You are the kind of guy that doesn't rush to try it. No, you read and reread the directions, then finally go out and fly. It flies almost perfectly for several flights. Then DJI comes out with an update. They are the inventers/designers/manufacturers of this amazing expensive adult toy. They should know what is best for their product so you figure the firmware should improve the way this thing works. Kind of like the polio vaccine for kids. But no. All heel breaks free and my bird is doing pretty much whatever it wants without my command after I put the firmware update in. I got on this forum and several others and tried many of the suggestions that some of the more experienced fliers suggested . Nothing worked. If I kept flying it I was headed for a catastrophic event. I called DJI. They said I needed to send it in. They give me an RMA, it cost me 54 bucks to send it UPS with 2000 insurance on it. DJI receives it. They send me a written letter that says 5-6 weeks for repair. OK. Spelled out 5-6 weeks. Not 5-10 weeks or 8-10 weeks but 5-6 weeks. Well what do you take that to mean. I took that to mean they might get it fixed in 5 weeks but it might just take 6 weeks. Don't forget they created my toy. I'm thinking they will get it done in 6 weeks, I have to wait even though that seems like a long time. In the mean time, others are experiencing the same issues. Not all but some are. 6 weeks comes and go's. I hear nothing. I correspond two more times with DJI. They then write me and say it will take 8 weeks. I write back and say that's unacceptable. They write me back the third time and then say it will take 10 weeks minimum. Now I'm mad as hell . 10 weeks minimum is an open-ended amount of time. Their service turnaround time hasn't improved over time, it's gotten worse. Its now been 8 weeks to date since they have checked it in. I hope there is somebody on this forum that has some connection to DGI and can help me get this resolved amicably. In my last writing to DJI, I demanded that they immediately give me an exact date when I can expect to get my P3 repaired or refund my money or send me a whole new replacement drone. They have not yet responded to my last request as of yet. Someone give me a reason to trust DJI.

#

I shut everything down and waited awhile. Fired everything up to do the post update IMU recalibration. I received a recalibrate IMU message which I did not receive before. Recalibrated IMU and the aircraft requires upgrade error went away. All is well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj