Aircraft requires upgrade / Camera requires an upgrade

Reaction score
Hmmm, following FPV lag problems, I thought I'd upgrade everything to the latest software to eliminate that option.

Upgraded remote as instructed through the app, and all went well, re-linked. Now the app is saying aircraft needs upgrade, camera needs upgrade. Tried downloading all the latest software and doing the normal procedure, but it won't start the upgrade process.

Current versions;
App (iOS) 3.1.13
Aircraft 1.9.60
Remote 1.9.2

Empty SD card with only the firmware upgrade on it. Remote off, aircraft on, but it will not start the upgrade process.

Any ideas?

1.9.60 for the ac is not the latest, but 1.9.2 is the latest for the rc, so that's why it's telling you the ac needs an upgrade.
If I were you, I'd roll the ac back to 1.8 xx and the rc back to 1.6. Best most stable combination imo

f I were you, I'd roll the ac back to 1.8 xx and the rc back to 1.6. Best most stable combination imo
Yes, what ^ said...Roll Back if possible. But I believe after 1.9 you cant go back. Im still on 1.8.8 AC and 1.6RC.

On an additional note, I highly doubt a firmware change will fix FPV lag. That is usually a device issue from what I can gather, might even make it worse.

Reactions: Numone
1.9.60 for the ac is not the latest, but 1.9.2 is the latest for the rc, so that's why it's telling you the ac needs an upgrade.
If I were you, I'd roll the ac back to 1.8 xx and the rc back to 1.6. Best most stable combination imo

I know that. I'm trying to update the aircraft to the latest version. My issue is that it won't start the update process. I have no desire to roll back.

My line of thinking is that because the app auto updates, there may be compatibility issues so updating everything will eliminate that from my investigation into why I'm getting FPV lag.

I know that. I'm trying to update the aircraft to the latest version. My issue is that it won't start the update process. I have no desire to roll back.

My line of thinking is that because the app auto updates, there may be compatibility issues so updating everything will eliminate that from my investigation into why I'm getting FPV lag.

Is this for the P3 Advanced because the latest version of FW is v1.11.20, the quad updates via the SD card in the camera slot, no TX turned on or connected to the app, once done the app will update the TX.

Is this for the P3 Advanced because the latest version of FW is v1.11.20, the quad updates via the SD card in the camera slot, no TX turned on or connected to the app, once done the app will update the TX.

Yes, P3A. That's what I'm doing as stated in post #1. I think I'll try a different SD card because that's the only thing I can think of. Currently it just sits there going through the normal start up routine and then flashes yellow due to no connection to the TX. The indicator light on the gimbal is solid green and no text file on the SD card either.

Yes, P3A. That's what I'm doing as stated in post #1. I think I'll try a different SD card because that's the only thing I can think of.

So start from scratch, download the file again, use a decent SD card, dont have the TX powered on or connected to the app, insert the SD card and wait for the DDDDDDD sound that states its upgrading, then its a D DD sound to signal its finished, then uninstall the app from the device and download it again, when connected to the TX with the quad powered on it should say firmware upgrade needed for the TX.

let us know how you go on

PS you didnt state the aircraft type, i see a lot of posts from standard owners in here which is why i asked.

This may be a silly rudimentary question, but did you extract the bin file from the zip file? You didn't just put the zip file on the SD card did you? Had to ask.

This may be a silly rudimentary question, but did you extract the bin file from the zip file? You didn't just put the zip file on the SD card did you? Had to ask.

At first I tried the normal method (I use a Mac). Download the file, double click it to extract it to the downloads folder, then copied and pasted it onto a blank and formatted SD card and then put that into the camera slot on the phantom. When that didn't work, I then followed the video clip advice and transferred it via USB cable from the mac to the SD card and tried again. It's the .bin file, not the .bin.crzg file (or whatever the zip file is called, I'm not at my Mac now). But it still won;t start the procedure that I'm familiar with having upgraded at every new release until about a year ago when I stopped flying regularly. Strange.

That is very strange indeed. I personally have only done 1 upgrade and decided not to do another since everything is working just fine, however, I did have an issue with very slight FPV lag and simply changed to a better tablet and that cured the issue. Granted, I'm using Android and not IOS. For now in your case, have you tried to start the props and fly again with what you have since you attempted the update? If not, just try it out and see if everything is the same as it was. If nothing has changed, then try a different device. Firmware updates are optional, matter of personal preference. I am still running 1.8.8AC and 1.6RC and have not seen the need to update since. Basically what I am saying is, if it flies fine, don't bother with the firmware update. It most likely will not help the lag issue anyway.

I'll try again with a different SD card this evening. The lag was intermittent and might have depended upon the SD card being used, but I'd need to test this theory out first. What I wanted to do was to eliminate the Go app not being in sequence with the rest of the firmware. I've pretty much always upgraded a few days after the release, but this year I haven't really been flying that much so I didn't bother.

A different SD card did the trick - one that was never used in a phantom before.

Oh, and I now believe that the FPV lag was caused by a faulty SD card that I have been using recently. Tried three new cards this evening and all flew perfectly with absolutely no lag at all.
You may want to format the original card in the AC and keep it in your case as a backup. I've only ever used one Sandisk 16gb Class 10 card for FW updates, and once I've saved the bin files in archive, I then always reformat it in the camera. Never had an issue.

Reactions: crash1sttime

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20