Aircraft locks if fw upgrade not done?

Reaction score
So i've had my P3P for two weeks now. My RC is not on latest fw intentionally. However i thought the P3 was on the latest fw.
Today i turned it on indoors just sitting there while i was checking some settings on the DJI app. After 1-2 minutes, the P3 got solid red LED and the DJIO app said that the RC and the aircraft needed an upgrade and that the aircraft was locked until upgrade was done. It would not even let me start the motors.
i found that strange.Anyways, i turned the P3 off/on and i was able to start the motors. I wonder if given enough time after powering on and not doing anything,it eventually realizes that theres a new firmware and locks down?

Is there a way to check the current FW version of the aircraft?

I wonder if given enough time after powering on and not doing anything,it eventually realizes that theres a new firmware and locks down?

This is how you check the firmware version:
i-bW2PvLd-L.png

So far you can just ignore any notification that tells you that new versions are available and keep flying without updating.

So i've had my P3P for two weeks now. My RC is not on latest fw intentionally. However i thought the P3 was on the latest fw.
Today i turned it on indoors just sitting there while i was checking some settings on the DJI app. After 1-2 minutes, the P3 got solid red LED and the DJIO app said that the RC and the aircraft needed an upgrade and that the aircraft was locked until upgrade was done. It would not even let me start the motors.
i found that strange.Anyways, i turned the P3 off/on and i was able to start the motors. I wonder if given enough time after powering on and not doing anything,it eventually realizes that theres a new firmware and locks down?

That is strange. Maybe you couldn't start the motor because the aircraft was warming up? What did u mean by “aircraft was locked until upgrade was done“? Was that the message u read from GO app? Or you assumed thgast because motors didn't start.

@Meta4. Thanks thats was obvious enough i guess.

The message about the aircraft being locked displayed in the DJI go app in a small box in the middle. Like the box you get when you do a compass calibration etc...
The aircraft was already warmed up at that points. Its been displaying the RC firmware needed for like two weeks now and i've always ignored that. Today was different.Ill check tomorrow to see if i can reproduce this and also check which fw is installed on the P3 itself.
The aircraft got solid red led lights and everytime i did CSC to turn the motor on, it would display the locked message. i should had taken a picture...

@Meta4. Thanks thats was obvious enough i guess.

The message about the aircraft being locked displayed in the DJI go app in a small box in the middle. Like the box you get when you do a compass calibration etc...
The aircraft was already warmed up at that points. Its been displaying the RC firmware needed for like two weeks now and i've always ignored that. Today was different.Ill check tomorrow to see if i can reproduce this and also check which fw is installed on the P3 itself.
The aircraft got solid red led lights and everytime i did CSC to turn the motor on, it would display the locked message. i should had taken a picture...
If u can repeat the outcome, do take picture. This is the first time I've heard of the “lock“ message.

well i tried a few times to replicate the error this morning but cant get that message anymore....dont know what had happened last night.i'm still on the same firmwares...

Oh no fear here, I simply do not always color within the lines. The only thing to fear is fear it self. Its all good we are all here to enjoy our activity.

Sorry... some of us dont live a life of fear of whats around every corner. And that life is a lot more fulfilling!

Reactions: skyhighdiver
The p3 is already on the latest firmware. That's why I was surprised to see the message to begin with...anyways I guess there's no issue anymore

Just got the same message while going out for a flight. Wanted to get some of this winter wonderland. Tried everything and wouldn't fly. Got message saying aircraft locked until firmware updates. Guess I'm going home early

Just got the same message while going out for a flight. Wanted to get some of this winter wonderland. Tried everything and wouldn't fly. Got message saying aircraft locked until firmware updates. Guess I'm going home early
Take a picture of the screen.

For those with “lock“ message. What version of DJI GO are u using?

Last edited:
Well in my case I'm running the latest dji go app for Android. Though i was able to fly after power cycling the p3. I had also turned data off on my phone just in case..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic