Aircraft Insurance

Reaction score
i was online looking for companies that offer insurance for drones. I see that Dronefly now offers insurance for certain crafts as well.I am going to purchase my Phantom 3 Pro from them and the insurance as well!

Just paid for Neary Aerial gold on the Phantom 3 Advanced. I also am a member of AMA and put a tracking device (Marco Polo). It is all I could think of to protect the investment, besides attaching a rope to it and wrapping it on bubble wrap. Now its time to go out and enjoy, hope for the best.

Drones etc in Salt Lake does as well
Didn't buy insurance from them but did buy my set up from them. First P3 wound up getting DOA, but their service and communication is the best I have dealt with any company. No jerking around. They paid shipping both ways, sent me a new one and even answered emails on July 4th. Would buy anything from them. Any future purchases from me go right to them. For what it's worth.

Curious Joao. What's the rate annually/coverage?

$139 basic, $189 gold, 2nd yr has a significant discount. I got gold, then 2nd yr can have a 50% discount if no claims are made.

https://www.neary-aerial.com/pricing.html

Drones etc replied fast indeed, however their warranty is only for new drones (go figure?): "Insurance is only available for new orders."

Now I am all set to go, only thing is to find decent places to practice here in Florida. Kind of hard with airports every 10 miles, swamps full of gators, parks with dense forests and armed angry farmers everywhere. I wish someone would do an online guide with locations to fly, instead of obvious locations where not to fly. Would be a lot more helpful.

$139 basic, $189 gold, 2nd yr has a significant discount. I got gold, then 2nd yr can have a 50% discount if no claims are made.

Drones etc replied fast indeed, however their warranty is only for new drones (go figure?): "Insurance is only available for new orders."

Now I am all set to go, only thing is to find decent places to practice here in Florida. Kind of hard with airports every 10 miles, swamps full of gators, parks with dense forests and armed angry farmers everywhere. I wish someone would do an online guide with locations to fly, instead of obvious locations where not to fly. Would be a lot more helpful.
Thanks. They do need to make sure that we are not trying to insure something we already trashed I get it. As far as Florida; well my friend some of the craziest stuff comes out of that state. You are absolutely right in a guide of places where to fly. That would be cool. There's no shortage of folks telling you what you shouldn't do around here. Have fun.

Drone Zones by Simon is an app for this. The problem is that it's new and not a lot of people have entered locations. But you can help others and encourage people to list areas by putting in some yourself.

I hear you about land in FL. I lived in Tampa for 25 years but move to Utah 8 years ago. So much open public land here and so many great places to fly and explore.

Drones Etc is a good company. I stopped in their office last year and chatted with the owner. Really nice guy.

That's an extended warranty. The question was for insurance.

Thanks. They do need to make sure that we are not trying to insure something we already trashed I get it. As far as Florida; well my friend some of the craziest stuff comes out of that state. You are absolutely right in a guide of places where to fly. That would be cool. There's no shortage of folks telling you what you shouldn't do around here. Have fun.

To be more precise: Drones etc offer the warranty if purchased before, but only if your drone hasn`t flown yet (go figure?). Neary offers at any time. I mean it would be pretty easy to prove that your drone is still airworthy during hiring, and they could offer it at a higher price I guess. For Neary I had to send a picture of the serial number/chassis too.

I tested Drone Zones and there is a BIG issue with the app, at least with me. I can`t see reviews for places I want to go, the search only show the place I am at the moment. Weird, could be a glitch but it is extremely limiting. And, as you said, its new and the lack of people using it makes it pretty useless so far. I will keep adding locations there to contribute, but we need something more "global".

The only review I saw near me was for Daytona Beach, saying it is great in all accounts. I can`t think of a worse place to fly a drone, unless you want to be on channel 13 later in the evening. There are several airports around, Class C airspace, hundreds of trainer aircrafts (C172) flying low (~1000ft) from schools around (Riddle), hospitals, schools and not a single sq ft of open public space.

That's an extended warranty. The question was for insurance.

Sorry for the misunderstanding o_O, but actually the first post quotes Dronefly`s "insurance", that is the one most people are looking for: damage/extended warranty only, like others mentioned here (Neary, Drones etc).

If you are talking about insurance coverage (third party, health, liability...), I don`t think it was the idea for the first post, but my guess is that besides AMA that specific insurance like will be very hard to find online like and/or will cost a lot. Also insurance agents usually sell easy, but then it is hard to collect. I have not tried speaking with my home ins. to see what situations they would cover a drone outside my propriety, but it would be a starting point?

The AMA is a standard aircraft insurance policy with their members as named insured.
It is underwritten by the Federal Insurance Company
Chubb Underwriting Office
Suite 4700
233 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606-6303

Any aviation insurance broker should be able to find you a policy for liability. When dealing with aviation insurance, don't call multiple brokers because they all get the same quotes from the underwriters.

Just paid for Neary Aerial gold on the Phantom 3 Advanced. I also am a member of AMA and put a tracking device (Marco Polo). It is all I could think of to protect the investment, besides attaching a rope to it and wrapping it on bubble wrap. Now its time to go out and enjoy, hope for the best.
Did you find out anything more than what is on their website before purchasing? I ordered my P3A through Amazon. What sort of proof do they require that your P3 has no "pre-existing" damage? Very interested in this, any info you can offer would be appreciated. Especially if you found any stories or people who have filed a claim already....

I paid for Neary just the other day and let me tell you I feel a little on edge. I got an invoice, paid it. Then I got nothing.. No service contract, nothing. I emailed them and asked what's next. They said wait 15 days for it to become active. Had I not emailed I would not even know about the 15 days. Just seems weird to me. I have no proof that I even got a service from them except an invoice. I hope to get some info from them soon otherwise I might be asking for a refund. Any one else have a similar experience?

I paid for Neary just the other day and let me tell you I feel a little on edge. I got an invoice, paid it. Then I got nothing.. No service contract, nothing. I emailed them and asked what's next. They said wait 15 days for it to become active. Had I not emailed I would not even know about the 15 days. Just seems weird to me. I have no proof that I even got a service from them except an invoice. I hope to get some info from them soon otherwise I might be asking for a refund. Any one else have a similar experience?
Glad I asked, please keep us posted if you wouldn't mind. If it seems reputable I will definitely buy it for a year. But doesn't sound like it's off to a good start.

When I paid for Neary I immediately received a "paid" invoice and the contract was either attached to that or the original quote. The 15 day waiting period ensures you don't buy insurance after a crash and it's clear stated on the website.

Any chance you could share a copy of the contract or its wording? 15 day waiting period doesn't bother me one bit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic