Aircraft firmware not updating

Reaction score
I've had my p3a for a couple days now and yesterday I got a message on the dji go app on my galaxy s6 that I needed to update my rc to 2.0.1 or something like that. So I did and now it says I need to update the firmware for my aircraft, camera and battery. But whenever I try nothing happens the lights just flash yellow fast like the controller is not connected. I've downloaded the 1.3.20 of dji and unzipped and everything. Put the bin file in the root but nothing. Someone pleasend help!

Use the memory card that came with your Phantom. Try reformatting it in your computer. And, then put the BIN in the root. If a TXT file is not created on the memory card, then the BIN is probably not in the root.

Use the memory card that came with your Phantom. Try reformatting it in your computer. And, then put the BIN in the root. If a TXT file is not created on the memory card, then the BIN is probably not in the root.

I've tried many times I delete everything off the card and just have the bin file on it. And still won't work.

Did you try formatting the memory card instead of deleting everything? Did you check for a TXT file on the memory card?

Did you try formatting the memory card instead of deleting everything? Did you check for a TXT file on the memory card?
Ya I've formatted it in the computer exfat and 32fat. And even formatted it on the app. And checked for the TXT file everyone and nothing.

IIIII

I just got my unit 3 days ago. The initial 3 flights the video camera worked fine, then the red triangle error messages that I needed to upgrade camera firmware. I have the exact same issue, nothing happens when I follow the steps to upgrade. Tried it about 6 times. I can fly it ok but it doesn't take video and no live image appears on my iphone while flying. It does take still photos that I can download later from the card however so the camera must work. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Had same issue and than found out that I downloaded version for P3 professional instead of P3 advanced. File name is the same - software is different!!!
After that it worked. Note that there is no ending of the LED flashing when firmware is updated! You only hear the D---D-D. Beep till you shut down the drone.
Hope that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31