Aircraft does not recognize .bin file

Reaction score
I am having a hard time upgrading to 1.06. I fly a Phantom 3 Professional.

I believe that I took all the proper steps: downloaded the latest update to SD Card, inserted the bin file in root drive of the Card; inserted SD card back into Aircraft, Left remote control off and started aircraft.

With that said, the Aircraft is not recognizing the bin file. It simply turns on and blinks yellow as if it is looking for the remote control. I tried several times and also tried with old firmware versions. Per the Ap, the A/C is Version 1.4.1, the R/C is 1.5.7 and the Ap is 2.4.3? Also, I am not getting a txt file on the SD card so this suggest that the upgrade process is not initiating (after several attempts and a format card exercise)

Not sure what I am doing wrong?

Also, another confusing issue is firmware is not coinciding with the versions listed above. Does the Go Ap list the last firmware version that was upgraded?

Reactions: jlmcloughlin
appreciate your feedback, but I am pretty confident that I did all these steps exactly. again, I have upgraded past software and took similar steps.

Thanks,

John

Your Phantom is not able to find the firmware. Otherwise, you'd see a TXT file on your memory card. So, either the BIN file is not in the correct place, you have multiple BIN files on your memory card, or it could just be an issue with the memory card itself. Verify the BIN location or try a different memory card if the BIN is in the correct location.

I had the same issues. At some point the P3 Pro updated and the problem became updating the RC. I tried all three ways. Not sure if it accepted. So I turn everything on to test and I get a message on the monitor to update the RC and I did as instructed thru my monitor. Nothing I got from DJI worked. This is a concern to me as I am going through the blues after updating the firmware on my Phantom 2 Vision Plus and it flying away 12-23-15 for the second time not responding to the control or the return home feature. I still haven't flown my New Phantom 3 Pro until I'm sure of the firmware. All this within a week SMH

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

We're you able to recover your Vision+?

I had the same issues. At some point the P3 Pro updated and the problem became updating the RC. I tried all three ways. Not sure if it accepted. So I turn everything on to test and I get a message on the monitor to update the RC and I did as instructed thru my monitor. Nothing I got from DJI worked. This is a concern to me as I am going through the blues after updating the firmware on my Phantom 2 Vision Plus and it flying away 12-23-15 for the second time not responding to the control or the return home feature. I still haven't flown my New Phantom 3 Pro until I'm sure of the firmware. All this within a week SMH

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik