Air-Traffic Control with Alerts as Described by Simon (MUST WATCH AND GET)

Nice idea & that's about it, no need to worry about commercial aircraft cruising @ 30,000 ft get flighttrader 24 for this if that's what floats your boat, I'd be more worried about small / light aircraft that can pop up in outa nowhere my friend, Simon was simple on this 1

Definitely a good idea for people flying close to airports. I always hear planes when I am flying and even though I fly in the middle of nowhere it would be nice to have an idea of exactly where I need to look to stay away from the approaching plane. I've had them fly under me, down in a canyon with me 300 feet above them on top of the hill. It's not a good feeling when I hear a plane with my UAV in the air, panic mode sets in until it's past me by or if I can get a safe visual on it.

Reactions: Jussaguy
Small aircraft often do not have flight following or an ADS-B. Same with helicopters. And military. Many will not show up on this app. There is no substitute for 100% situational awareness.

I also doubt the real time claim. I doubt they are using real time protocols. Your data will be delayed. The question is, by how much.

Small aircraft often do not have flight following or an ADS-B. Same with helicopters. And military. Many will not show up on this app. There is no substitute for 100% situational awareness.

I also doubt the real time claim. I doubt they are using real time protocols. Your data will be delayed. The question is, by how much.
What there is no substitute for is 100% situational awareness and instrumental awareness.

If you're gonna fly a craft, and especially if you're gonna go beyond 400 feet (I know nobody does that), knowing how to read sectionals is not only wise, it should be and probably will be mandatory for commercial users.

Also, I'm friends with a very good pilot that is a member here who barely posts and laughs at some of the things people write here on there ability to check what's around them, a necessity, no matter what.

As a civilian (non-pilot) you even have the right to call the manager at the tower to find out at whatever airport, who you can speak to to find at say "5.6 miles southwest of X airport, I'll be flying a quad chopper at X height, please advise traffic". (Or whatever the proper terminology is).

Reading sectionals is something every serious flyer should be able to do and this app helps, at the very least, how to do THAT.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj