Air-traffic control for your drone

Reaction score
This a super cool concept. Would be cool to see a app with alerts for this but the cost is cheap and the guy who mad this video has a 15% code for a year check it out.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Cool! Any idea how it's different from AirMap?

Here's what I see in the future: All drones must have wireless connections (cellular networks) that broadcast flight information and altitude in urban areas to A.T.C. This information will be super imposed on air traffic control radars so that airspace incursions could be broadcast to manned aircraft.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's a nice idea but will mostly only show you commercial planes. Small planes typically do not have ADS-B and secondary radar coverage is typically only around airports and flight routes, i.e. areas you should already avoid.

So it will only likely alert you to the planes that will be several thousand feet up and not the ones that come buzzing around corner at 500ft.

Also, it's not real time. It's, at best, near real time. That's an important distinction.

Here's what I see in the future: All drones must have wireless connections (cellular networks) that broadcast flight information and altitude in urban areas to A.T.C. This information will be super imposed on air traffic control radars so that airspace incursions could be broadcast to manned aircraft.

This can only happen if/when cell networks have the same reliable coverage as other modes of communication like ADS-B has in both rural and densely populated areas.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj