Air Encoder Error (0xa)

Reaction score
Hello All,

Quadcopter newbie here. I finally got time to get my new Phantom 4 out of the box today. I played with the flight simulator for a few minutes before going live. Went outside and put it in beginner mode and figured I'd practice take off and landings and small maneuvers until the battery ran down to get a feel for this thing. Anyway, on my very first landing as soon as it touches down I get this error message. Air Encoder Error (0xa). Any guidance to resolve this issue whatever it means?

I cannot find anything P4 related, but this thread on the DJI P3 forum shows it's related to the camera.

Did you install the latest firmware? If not, try that. If you already did that, then head out for another flight and see if that error continues to appear. If so, then you probably need to contact DJI support.

I cannot find anything P4 related, but this thread on the DJI P3 forum shows it's related to the camera.

Did you install the latest firmware? If not, try that. If you already did that, then head out for another flight and see if that error continues to appear. If so, then you probably need to contact DJI support.

Thanks for the reply. I did see that thread when searching for clues. I did try to reload the firmware using the Assistant app but, it fails every time at about 30%. And I also forgot to mention in my OP that the P4 will not fly since this error occurred. Looks like I need to contact support. :-(

Thanks for the reply. I did see that thread when searching for clues. I did try to reload the firmware using the Assistant app but, it fails every time at about 30%. And I also forgot to mention in my OP that the P4 will not fly since this error occurred. Looks like I need to contact support. :-(
I had similar problems with the Assistant app, so I tried a different PC (an old laptop, actually), and it worked fine.

How long does it take to get a response back from support? I submitted a ticket two days ago and have yet to receive any reply. Totally underwhelmed new customer here.

Did you try to update using the DJI Go app? Mine updated easily using my iPad and the DJI connector/adapter cord.

I'm only about a week or so ahead of you on the learning curve, so I'm sure that one of the more experienced guys will have something to add, but I would try using the mobile app on your device. Good luck.

Did you try to update using the DJI Go app? Mine updated easily using my iPad and the DJI connector/adapter cord.

I'm only about a week or so ahead of you on the learning curve, so I'm sure that one of the more experienced guys will have something to add, but I would try using the mobile app on your device. Good luck.

I was under the impression that you could only reload the current firmware through the assistant. I'll look again when I get home this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you resolve your issue? I was just taking my phantom 4 out for the first time today. Everything seemed to work fine before this flight and then the 0xa error message occurred. I can't get it to do anything.

Did you resolve your issue? I was just taking my phantom 4 out for the first time today. Everything seemed to work fine before this flight and then the 0xa error message occurred. I can't get it to do anything.

Actually I have not. I made several attempts with support but, I haven't even made it to a point that I'm sending it in for repair. On top of that I've been traveling for the last 10 days. On a plane on the way home now so, hopefully I can get it resolved next week. Btw, have you updated to the new firmware? I'm hoping that may fix the issue.

Sorry to hear you are still dealing with this. I figured out what my problem was. I simply forgot to plug the ipad in to the Controller. Oops! My 3dr solo didn't do that, just have to readjust my habits.

Just got my second Phantom 4, was setting it up awhile ago and noticed I could not move the camera up and down...waited a bit and saw the error...went to Google, and that's how I got here. In my first P4, I updated my initial firmware via my ipad, but this time, I used my Android phone as my screen, hence, maybe why I did not see the error. Thinking maybe it's the P4's firmware (since I remember having to update my first P4 out of the box), I unplugged my Android phone and swapped out to the ipad as my screen. Well, lo and behold, the ipad said I needed to update my P4's firmware via plugging my ipad to the bird with the USB adapter cord that with came with the P4...after the aircraft update and the transmitter update, I was good to go!

ive seen this error when i tried a samsung tab 3 on android, so cant use that
but with a samsung tab 3 s2 works fine and ios works fine.. check its not a app device error

But also had the error when the rc needed update to match the crafts firmware

Seems like the DJI Go app on Android doesn't pick up updates or doesn't check for updates well...the error showed on my Samsung Note 5 after a little while. But when I swapped out to my iPad, I turned everything off and turned back on to the iPad. The error popped up right away and it took me directly to downloading/updating firmware screen. With the Android. I saw the error right when clicked my P4 and TX to reboot. Saw the notification briefly, then when I turned it back on, it was gone and I tried rebooting a few more times, but never saw the error again until I went to my iPad. Yeah, so my P4 would have a dud had I not had my iPad. Then again, maybe after a longer while, it may come up again. And I was gonna just take the P4 back to the store for a newer one. Again.

So annoying to have problems with a brand new bird. You get all excited and then hit a wall of frustration and pain! I'm lucky mine has been perfect from the get go. That's not meant to rub salt into any wounds!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj