Ahhhh Another successful flight!!

Reaction score
I find myself saying this in my head after every flight. Do you do the same? I am knocking on wood also because I don't want to jinx my success.

I am really liking 3.06 and the latest vision app. The aircraft is performing so well. I really like the way it recalculates my time remaining depending on where I am in relation to the home point. I hate to brag because I see some users having trouble, but my FPV is nothing short of perfect as is my range, both FPV and controller. I love flying this thing, and learning more everyday. From my own experience and from the experiences of others on this forum.

I even took the shell cover off last night for the first time to check all the connections. What an electronic beast we have!! Everything was very sound. All connectors were fully seated as were the antenna connectors. I was impressed with the layered cover on the GPS antenna. I see it has a copper layer. I get sat lock within 1 minute every time. Very satisfying. I don't think I need the foil mod at this time. Maybe I am just lucky to have gotten a well constructed bird from the factory. <knocks on wood again>.

BlackTracer said:
I find myself saying this in my head after every flight. Do you do the same? I am knocking on wood also because I don't want to jinx my success.quote]

I do that everytime I land a real airplane too. :D

BlackTracer said:
I find myself saying this in my head after every flight. Do you do the same? I am knocking on wood also because I don't want to jinx my success.

I am really liking 3.06 and the latest vision app. The aircraft is performing so well. I really like the way it recalculates my time remaining depending on where I am in relation to the home point. I hate to brag because I see some users having trouble, but my FPV is nothing short of perfect as is my range, both FPV and controller. I love flying this thing, and learning more everyday. From my own experience and from the experiences of others on this forum.

I even took the shell cover off last night for the first time to check all the connections. What an electronic beast we have!! Everything was very sound. All connectors were fully seated as were the antenna connectors. I was impressed with the layered cover on the GPS antenna. I see it has a copper layer. I get sat lock within 1 minute every time. Very satisfying. I don't think I need the foil mod at this time. Maybe I am just lucky to have gotten a well constructed bird from the factory. <knocks on wood again>.

Everyone gets locks under a minute in an open field. It's when you hit the record button that causes grief. Some users (not me), get sat drops that causes the phantom to auto ATTI which means they have <6 sats in the air when they record.

The mod will minimise auto ATTI that could lead to crashes and "fly-aways" (drift or land on RTH without you knowing).
It would also get extra sats in confined areas like a valley or even in single storey houses.
It acquires sats quicker (good if you need get that quick snap).
If you have pulled the shell off, then the mod would be very simple.
It's easy, cheap, quick, and highly recommended.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20